+ Reply to Thread

Default Balding has made my life into an evil circle

Baldness has made my life into a destructive circle.

I want to do a hair transplant. But the baldness (i am somewhere between nw5-nw6)
    has given me such depressions and lack of motivation in life that I am actually not able to handle a job, and get money for a transplant. I am actually a expert musician (don't mean to brag, but its true), but since my hairloss has gone so bad, I have totally lost motivation for taking gigs too. (who wants to stand on a stage, in the center of everyones attention, when you just hate your physical appearance?)

So the circle is - balding - depression (serious) - lack of money

Maybe if I in someway get money for a transplant, I can brake this circle. Don't know how I am gonna do it though.

Some of you maybe think I am kind of overreacting when I say I can't work, but deep depression is serious thing. And I think there is more people than me, that stop functioning due to baldness. And some of you may think that baldness isn't my real issue, but I can assure you it is. I just can't cope with being a nw6 at 30 years old.

Don't know why I am writing this, just have to vent I guess.

Hang in there brother. Sorry to hear you are hurting. I would get your depression under control first, for lots of reasons. Once you are back on your feet emotionally you can start work and save money towards HT if that is how you decide to go. We have all been down in the dumps over our hairloss, so you are most definitely not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBald View Post
    I am actually a expert musician (don't mean to brag, but its true)
    What do you mean exactly? A professional musician? Which instrument do you play?

Quote Originally Posted by MrBald View Post
    So the circle is - balding - depression (serious) - lack of money
    I just can't cope with being a nw6 at 30 years old.

Don't know why I am writing this, just have to vent I guess.
    In your age I was NW7. I started losing hair since around 15 and never knew how it feels to have thick hair as a young man. It is very depressing to think about. Anyway, my solution was to eventually accept it, regularly trim down the remaining hair to 2 mm and move on. For the final stages (beyond NW4-5) I think it is not realistic to expect reasonable results with a hair transplant. You have to be strong, accept the fact and continue your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Vox View Post
    What do you mean exactly? A professional musician? Which instrument do you play?

In your age I was NW7. I started losing hair since around 15 and never knew how it feels to have thick hair as a young man. It is very depressing to think about. Anyway, my solution was to eventually accept it, regularly trim down the remaining hair to 2 mm and move on. For the final stages (beyond NW4-5) I think it is not realistic to expect reasonable results with a hair transplant. You have to be strong, accept the fact and continue your life.
    Yes, I guess I can call me professional. I play the guitar.

I also started to lose my hair around 15, and I also feel that way.
    I know there is no way to get back a thick, good hair cut again, but for me it would be enough to have a kind of buzz cut, transplant + smp should be a solution for that I think.
    So the face become framed, and it looks like a shade on top (with the transplant giving it some 3d effect). But its so expensive!!!

I understand your pain... this shit has completely turned my life upside down. I have trouble even going out in public nowadays. I had a date night with the GF tonight and I really couldn't think about anything else but my horrible f*cking hair. It just sucks. 1.5 years ago I was carefree... camping in national parks and white water rafting. Free... a word I no longer really understand. I don't get how this has taken control of my f*cking life, but I want my F*CKING LIFE BACK. There is no damn solution and it's frustrating as hell.

Mr Bald, I am totally the same way. I was not an expert musician but I was good enough to play bass in bands. Although I am a bit young, I grew up on all of the 80s hair bands, from Motley Crue to Ratt to Warrant to Lita Ford. So therefore I loved to play 80s hard rock but ever since I lost that image, I also lost my desire to play. I was always known as the guy with the big hair and I don't wanna be the bald guy playing in an 80s hair metal cover band. And James, you're totally right, there is no solution. An HT, finasteride, and certainly not minoxidil is NOT gonna me anything more than a thin coating of hair.

I'm in the same boat as you Mr Bald, NW5 at 26 y.o., jobless for almost a year mainly because of the same reason you stated. I just can't seem to function normally. I am a hair fiber user for 4 years and a month ago I decided to stop using it and buzz my head to a 1. The adjustment period is hard I do hope that I can get back to my feet again because TIME is surely important. I hope the best for you as well