+ Reply to Thread

Default What to do when you stop responding to rogaine?

i use to be such a great responder to the 5% minox 6 years ago when i started to use it; i could have been poster child for rogaine. then in my late 20's it just seemed to stop having the effect, and despite being on fin over a year, and now even RU for over a month, i just cant get the same reaction and results i got from it previously despite using all these DHT blockers. i thought upping the % of minox to 12, and now 15% would make a diff, but i am just not seeing it. so now I'm contemplating 30% minox before the areas really go slick bald. i wonder if i am just now a non-responder to minox, or is the dht in my scalp just way too high for it to have an effect, any thoughts on the matter? what i could be doing? other things to try?

regimen

1 mg fin ED
    5% target brand generic minox 1x day
    15% minox lotion with AA, retin a, progesterone, hydrocortisone 1 x day (alternating wit the 5%)
    RU 5% premade from Anagogic inc 1 or 2x a day before applying minox
    derma rolling once a week, 1,5 mm
    regenepure DR, 3 x week

Quote Originally Posted by warner8 View Post
    i use to be such a great responder to the 5% minox 6 years ago when i started to use it; i could have been poster child for rogaine. then in my late 20's it just seemed to stop having the effect, and despite being on fin over a year, and now even RU for over a month, i just cant get the same reaction and results i got from it previously despite using all these DHT blockers. i thought upping the % of minox to 12, and now 15% would make a diff, but i am just not seeing it. so now I'm contemplating 30% minox before the areas really go slick bald. i wonder if i am just now a non-responder to minox, or is the dht in my scalp just way too high for it to have an effect, any thoughts on the matter? what i could be doing? other things to try?

regimen

1 mg fin ED
    5% target brand generic minox 1x day
    15% minox lotion with AA, retin a, progesterone, hydrocortisone 1 x day (alternating wit the 5%)
    RU 5% premade from Anagogic inc 1 or 2x a day before applying minox
    derma rolling once a week, 1,5 mm
    regenepure DR, 3 x week
    I think the problem is that Minoxidil has its limits. It can push a certain amount of hair 'regrowth' or thickening, and after that point its just giving you maintenance. Instead of trying 30% Minoxidil (which I personally feel is too extreme), why don't you try buying one of the generic Stemoxydine brands and include it as a part of your regimen. Just my thoughts.

i thought the stemoxydine stuff didnt work. is that same things as neotenic?
    have you had any luck with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Hubris View Post
    I think the problem is that Minoxidil has its limits. It can push a certain amount of hair 'regrowth' or thickening, and after that point its just giving you maintenance. Instead of trying 30% Minoxidil (which I personally feel is too extreme), why don't you try buying one of the generic Stemoxydine brands and include it as a part of your regimen. Just my thoughts.

i thought the stemoxydine stuff didnt work. is that same things as neotenic?
    have you had any luck with it?
    I don't personally use it, but only due to financial reasons.

It does work, it's just not as effective as Minoxidil. When it was first released there was a lot of disappointment surrounding the product, because people were expecting massive regrowth and obviously they didn't get it. Swiss temples has Stemoxydine listed as part of his PG protocol as well, so he clearly believes in its effectiveness.

I do believe it could help you more so than bumping up Minoxidil strength from 15% to 30%.

yea its quite overpriced, but i think i read somewhere that it increased hair density by like 4% or something, which is quite insignificant.
    i think swiss temple stopped using it, and his main focus are the PGE2 AND pgd2 enhancers and inhibitors respectively as the game changers, rather than the stemy.

I don't personally use it, but only due to financial reasons.

It does work, it's just not as effective as Minoxidil. When it was first released there was a lot of disappointment surrounding the product, because people were expecting massive regrowth and obviously they didn't get it. Swiss temples has Stemoxydine listed as part of his PG protocol as well, so he clearly believes in its effectiveness.

I do believe it could help you more so than bumping up Minoxidil strength from 15% to 30%.

yea its quite overpriced, but i think i read somewhere that it increased hair density by like 4% or something, which is quite insignificant.
    i think swiss temple stopped using it, and his main focus are the PGE2 AND pgd2 enhancers and inhibitors respectively as the game changers, rather than the stemy.
    Last part is inaccurate - Swiss recently added it to the PG protocol, which you can see on his new website "what to buy and use". Here is his description of its effect "stimulates progenitor cells (CD's), hypoxia causes increase in VEGF and PGE2ep1 activity".

It's not that cheap and it's not that effective, but as you know, we're very limited as to what we have at our disposal when it comes to treatments. I do believe that since Stemoxydine lengthens the hair follicles anagen phase, it can help with maintaining the hair in addition to providing some regrowth.

now that i think of it, I'm surprised Kane or anagogic did not come out with their own version of it, like they do with every new "hot" cure

Last part is inaccurate - Swiss recently added it to the PG protocol, which you can see on his new website "what to buy and use". Here is his description of its effect "stimulates progenitor cells (CD's), hypoxia causes increase in VEGF and PGE2ep1 activity".

It's not that cheap and it's not that effective, but as you know, we're very limited as to what we have at our disposal when it comes to treatments. I do believe that since Stemoxydine lengthens the hair follicles anagen phase, it can help with maintaining the hair in addition to providing some regrowth.