+ Reply to Thread

Default Is This Just Too Much For The Hair To Take?

I've recently been thinning out a very dense stock unit with Nair. Now I'm looking at bleaching the knots. I tried vitamin c with a little bit of apple cider vinegar and regular shampoo but that didn't work even slightly. I left that on the knots for an hour. Nothing. I even tried baking soda paste. Again, nothing. Makes me wonder if fabric dye was used in processing, and this is the reason for the ineffectiveness. I just don't know. So it looks like a traditional bleaching kit is in order.

However I'm now worried that with all of the Nair I used, that also subjecting all of those knots to bleach paste is going to basically ensure that they will disintegrate (major shedding). Anyone have any experience or suggestions with this situation?

You didn't do yourself (or the hair) any favors by using the Nairand so many other products on the hair. I suspect you may have compromised the lifespan of the hair significantly.

Hair systems are colored with analine dye, so you'll need to use a hair bleach paste to bleach the knots.

It sounds like you'll want to find a new supplier for your next hair system - one who can provide a natural density and knots that are bleached at the factory.