+ Reply to Thread

Default Should I just stop worrying?

Hey guys... hopefully you can help you all seem pretty knowledgeable!

I currently have no signs of hair loss. My hairline/crown are all the same as they were last year and the year before etc etc. I've also plucked hairs from the front of my hairline and monitored them. They are all growing back normal and thick black hairs... And I'm 24 now.

My main fear (outside of my dads baldness) is body hair. Now, I know there may not be a link in terms of one causing the other. But DHT = body hair = hair loss? Maybe? And it freaks me out! I have a little hair on my back and tops of my arms (not recently, it's been like this for years) and a hairy chest... but not stomach really. and I'm scared this will mean I will lose my hair....

Am I just being ridiculous? Should I stop worrying about "what could happen" ... My dads hair does bother me. My mothers father had relatively great hair until the day he died in his late 70s. So I guess it's a waiting game...

I suffer with anxiety as it is and I get obsessed an worry about this stuff. So I want to apologise if i've annoyed anyone.

But any advice?

Dude, I'm still in the very early stages of hairloss so allow me to tell you; leave. Go live your life. A lot of the veteran users of this site hate people like yourself, the truly bald amongst us envy you and won't take kindly to you asking about this. However, take it from a guy who this time last year thought his full head of hair could never fail him, if it happens, it happens, until it does, it hasn't, and you have no need to worry.

You might get cancer, you might get dementia, hell you could get hit by a bus. If you spend your life worrying about things that haven't happened yet you will waste your life.

I've become a hairloss expert in 8 months and i'd happily go back to knowing nothing about it and just living my life.

Go, be young, stop worrying. By the time hairloss effects you there will probably be some sort of miracle cure or at least a decent treatment. Take comfort in that and leave us to suffer bud

Thank you for this reply man. I'm 24 so i'm just terrified that it'll happen. But I guess I just need to carry on with my life and pray for my grandfathers genes!

I wish you the best!

My uncle has more body hair then anyone I've ever seen. He also has a full head of hair. Stop worrying.

Yeah its silly to worry about problems you dont have yet. If it happens you wont have to ask if you have it you will know. Years from now things will be different anyway

Hi, Well There are versatile reasons behind the hair loss with such age group. Certain aspects for this as change in hormones, diet irregularity, stress, depression, unhealthy, medications and their respective side effects and even certain cosmetic procedures such as perming hair or bleaching can leads you for hair damages.
    According to the global reports estimated hair loss in men & women is 40% at the age of 35-40 and 40-42 in women respectively. It’s also crucial to know that not all hair fall is anxiety relevant. But two may occur at a similar period of time. Many people that start to suffer from hair loss are at an age with many other stresses like kids, work and finances.
    At your age the normal hair fall is OK but you need not to worry about hair loss by analyzing your situation. So be stress less and still you feel the odd in your condition than counselling proper doctors will be advisory .

Default Stop Worrying about Hair loss Be Stress less !

Hi, Well There are versatile reasons behind the hair loss with such age group. Certain aspects for this as change in hormones, diet irregularity, stress, depression, unhealthy, medications and their respective side effects and even certain cosmetic procedures such as perming hair or bleaching can leads you for hair damages.
    According to the global reports estimated hair loss in men & women is 40% at the age of 35-40 and 40-42 in women respectively. It’s also crucial to know that not all hair fall is anxiety relevant. But two may occur at a similar period of time. Many people that start to suffer from hair loss are at an age with many other stresses like kids, work and finances.
    At your age the normal hair fall is OK but you need not to worry about hair loss by analyzing your situation. So be stress less and still you feel the odd in your condition than counselling proper doctors will be advisory .

Nice!