+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Big Mistake!

Default Big Mistake!

I am 22 years old and was dealing with minor recession that really bothered me. I went to a local clinic that promised to help me gain some confidence back. I only needed 1000 grafts and I opted for an FUE surgery as the obvious better choice. The clinic insisted I do FUT and because I was in a vulnerable state I agreed against my own will eventually after being convinced it will be ok and there will be no scar because of hair growing through it. I am now one month post op and I realize I made a huge mistake I don't care about new hair growth anymore and am crushed by this scar I will have. I know it's only 1 month post op but the scar is pretty wide, red & thick. Will it at least flatten out or something I was hoping for a thin small scar especially with only 1000 grafts but it seems unlikely so far. I am truly crushed I'll never be the same again this clinic ruined my life. Refused FUE forced FUT on me refused to show me prior patient photos, did not sign any legal papers and was not told of possible complications or anything not to mention I'm only 22! The clinic said they perform the same surgeries on clients that are 17-18! I called them furious and all they said was you can wear your hair long that will be the new style! My question is how will my scar heal will it get thinner and flatter over time or will it be wide and raised like it is now? Can I take legal action against the clinic at somepoint for ruining my young life? They should be put out of business

Welcome to the forum and welcome to the EXACT same situation I have been through. It sounds like you went to some larger main chain clinic. first of all, rest easy that the scar will DEFINITELY look a lot better with time. It's tissue that has been cut open and sutured back together, it takes time to heal. Also realize that you can always get a scar revision done, fue into the scar to help conceal it, or SMP... With the right combination of things, you can make the scar look A LOT less visible. Will it always be there? yes. I hate to say this, but the scar is the least of your problems right now. Soon you will have to start dealing with what I am dealing with right now which is hair loss around the transplants. You should be on finasteride and minoxidil in order to prevent future loss.

The sugeons that do this to people, especially young people, are nothing less then sick, twisted, money whores and there is definitely a special place in hell for these animals. You can always try to get representation, but it's unlikely that you have a case. Trust me, I have been through EXACTLY what you're going through and it just sucks that you're so young and have to deal with this. Remember that there is always a solution. I am sorry.

Are you able to post pics so we can see what you are concerned about

Default Picture

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE52 View Post
    Are you able to post pics so we can see what you are concerned about
    Here is a pic it I think it looks better in the pic than I feel it actually is. It's very red, thick and sticks out. I know I will have a scar forever and it's early in recovery but from what you see so far is there any chance the scar will flatten to match the surrounding scalp and lessen in size somewhat?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg

Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	42778  

Here's mine after 12+ yrs
    I got fed up trying to style, comb etc and decided to buzz it

https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...%29?highlight=

I

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    Welcome to the forum and welcome to the EXACT same situation I have been through. It sounds like you went to some larger main chain clinic. first of all, rest easy that the scar will DEFINITELY look a lot better with time. It's tissue that has been cut open and sutured back together, it takes time to heal. Also realize that you can always get a scar revision done, fue into the scar to help conceal it, or SMP... With the right combination of things, you can make the scar look A LOT less visible. Will it always be there? yes. I hate to say this, but the scar is the least of your problems right now. Soon you will have to start dealing with what I am dealing with right now which is hair loss around the transplants. You should be on finasteride and minoxidil in order to prevent future loss.

The sugeons that do this to people, especially young people, are nothing less then sick, twisted, money whores and there is definitely a special place in hell for these animals. You can always try to get representation, but it's unlikely that you have a case. Trust me, I have been through EXACTLY what you're going through and it just sucks that you're so young and have to deal with this. Remember that there is always a solution. I am sorry.
    I definitely made a huge mistake a small imperfection caused me to look for a quick solution. I still feel the proper protocol wasn't done prior to surgery from what I've read. They rushed into it and denied many requests then after surgery they got out of there quick as possible. I know it's difficult to start a case as blame can be put on me but they really took advantage of me and didn't do anything most clinics do. I fell for a trap and wasn't aware of forums or HT info until after surgery. Instead of being happy with new hair growth I could care less at this point if I have hair or not. I know there are things such as FUE into scar, scar revision and micropigmentation which can all help so I will look into that. I have another question for you once you reply I need an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE52 View Post
    Here's mine after 12+ yrs
    I got fed up trying to style, comb etc and decided to buzz it

https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...%29?highlight=

Wow your scar looks amazing to be honest it's not very noticeably and it's thin. I would be ecstatic to have a result like that do you think I will end up with a big red wide scar from what you have seen or will it turn thinner and flatten a little bit to appear to be more like a strip?

First, the scar does not look that bad. It is just really fresh. Second, at this point you may be having some shock loss at the donor site which will likely recover. I think a lot of people at this stage have some buyers regret. This is normal.

I will say that one should never have a procedure unless you are 100% comfortable with the plan. For Something as important and permanent as this you can't go in conflicted.

Can we see photos from the front to get a sense of what they did?

Quote Originally Posted by Driver View Post
    First, the scar does not look that bad. It is just really fresh. Second, at this point you may be having some shock loss at the donor site which will likely recover. I think a lot of people at this stage have some buyers regret. This is normal.

I will say that one should never have a procedure unless you are 100% comfortable with the plan. For Something as important and permanent as this you can't go in conflicted.

Can we see photos from the front to get a sense of what they did?
    The scar is a little longer than the pic I didn't get the whole thing in there. Like I said it doesn't look bad in the pic but from running my finger across it it's feeling pretty wide, really sticks out like a bump and is red. I'm just wondering if it will flatten out over time and take the appearance of a more generic strip? I will update with a photo on what they did soon but my biggest issue has been the scar at this point.