+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Big Mistake!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon17 View Post
    I definitely made a huge mistake a small imperfection caused me to look for a quick solution. I still feel the proper protocol wasn't done prior to surgery from what I've read. They rushed into it and denied many requests then after surgery they got out of there quick as possible. I know it's difficult to start a case as blame can be put on me but they really took advantage of me and didn't do anything most clinics do. I fell for a trap and wasn't aware of forums or HT info until after surgery. Instead of being happy with new hair growth I could care less at this point if I have hair or not. I know there are things such as FUE into scar, scar revision and micropigmentation which can all help so I will look into that. I have another question for you once you reply I need an opinion.
    Go ahead with as many questions as you want man... We are almost basically the same case. I had VERY minimal hair loss, was so confident I would not even progress any further and was trying to "fix" a very small area of my head. My scar looked alot like yours... I am not even sure what it looks like now as I grow my hair over it... but I would say in your situation it would resolve into just a strip across your head with a line and minimal to no hair growth. In MOST cases the redness diminishes, but not in all. It just depends on your tissue healing charactaristics, as these are very individualized.

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE52 View Post
    Here's mine after 12+ yrs
    I got fed up trying to style, comb etc and decided to buzz it

https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...%29?highlight=
    Dave,
    Do you have a picture of your recipient area? I speak for a lot of us when I say we are VERY curious to see the mixture of transplanted and native hair when buzzed down. Perhaps this would give me more confidence to buzz my own.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    Go ahead with as many questions as you want man... We are almost basically the same case. I had VERY minimal hair loss, was so confident I would not even progress any further and was trying to "fix" a very small area of my head. My scar looked alot like yours... I am not even sure what it looks like now as I grow my hair over it... but I would say in your situation it would resolve into just a strip across your head with a line and minimal to no hair growth. In MOST cases the redness diminishes, but not in all. It just depends on your tissue healing charactaristics, as these are very individualized.
    Thanks for the info it makes me feel a lot better knowing someone in the same situation. I'm guessing you don't have any pics of the scar or anything? When was your procedure have you covered it up since then with longer hair so no one knows? I just got Mederma scar cream today so I'm hoping that at least helps a little bit

Quote Originally Posted by Jon17 View Post
    Thanks for the info it makes me feel a lot better knowing someone in the same situation. I'm guessing you don't have any pics of the scar or anything? When was your procedure have you covered it up since then with longer hair so no one knows? I just got Mederma scar cream today so I'm hoping that at least helps a little bit
    I have some issues taking pics of my scar and hair... it just makes me feel like crap, especially when posting on forums. I will get around to it. Mine just looks pale white with a pink tint and looks like a line across the back of my head, about 5 inches long. Mederma is fine... I personally think kelocote is a bit better. try some emu oil as well and occasionally massage it.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    I have some issues taking pics of my scar and hair... it just makes me feel like crap, especially when posting on forums. I will get around to it. Mine just looks pale white with a pink tint and looks like a line across the back of my head, about 5 inches long. Mederma is fine... I personally think kelocote is a bit better. try some emu oil as well and occasionally massage it.
    I know how you feel I'm only 22 and one month into this mess and it's already difficult dealing with this problem I feel like I can't do anything anymore and it will really impact my life goals. Scalp Micropigmentation doesn't look that bad some time down the road. Based on the severity of the scar I might even consider getting a tattoo across it then a Mohawk style cut over it which is just dumb I hate tats and don't have one but might not have a choice I don't want to walk around with a stupid scar. I just don't know anymore this really sucks I hate how this had to happen to me
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg

Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	42781   Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg

Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	42782  

Jon17,

As it heals further, I have heard good things about fraxel, dermarolling/stamping to minimize the appearance and promote healing. May make future plans a little easier in regards to concealing it.

HTO

Here is some hope possibly in next 5 to 10 years. For us with strip scars that dont want to scar up the donor further with fue scarring. It is in clinical trials but seems very promising if accepted. Check it out, looks like a game changer but it may make us wish we waited longer to transplant in the first place

http://www.drcarloswesley.com/scarless-surgery/

Keep that head up, a better way of concealing is on its way.

Regards,

HTO

You can get scar reductions, fue or smp. Go to spex's hair loss website and look at the horrible bosley scars he had from the dark ages. If he can get those fixed than you can too just don't panic you have options. Just get on fin and minox if you haven't already and try to avoid future loss. There will be better treatments in the coming years so you won't be like the martyrs of the 90's and early 2000's

Quote Originally Posted by HairTransplantOops View Post
    Here is some hope possibly in next 5 to 10 years. For us with strip scars that dont want to scar up the donor further with fue scarring. It is in clinical trials but seems very promising if accepted. Check it out, looks like a game changer but it may make us wish we waited longer to transplant in the first place

http://www.drcarloswesley.com/scarless-surgery/

Keep that head up, a better way of concealing is on its way.

Regards,

HTO
    That seems like a definite game changer no doubt about it gives me some hope! This whole thing has been very hard on me as you can see. I've really never felt worse about something in my life and totally regret this whole thing. My minor recession bothered me for years always wearing hats and not going out or socializing. As a result I left school numerous times because of my insecurity and lack of confidence. I finally decided to address the issue so I can feel better about myself and get on the right track but now a month in and I am worse off than I was before. Money is tight and now I'll end up spending more cash on repairs down the road than the actual initial procedure. I used all my savings on this so I would have to save up again for awhile before anything can be done while keeping long hair to cover the scar.

My scar looked EXACTLY like yours at the stage you are in. Out of curiousity, I took a pic of a portion of the scar this morning and was shocked to see that it doesn't look too bad at all. It just looks like a line, a little more white than the surrounding tissue. I even see some hairs growing through it. As soon as I learn how to put pics from this damn new phone on my computer, I will upload some. I would shave my head in a second if the scar is all I had to deal with. I wouldn't even care telling people I had an HT... The main issue I have are the damn transplants. I don't think they will blend in with the rest of my head, unless I maybe went a 0 guard. This sure does suck man.... but, if we can deal with something like this, we can deal with anything. Like most of us, I have been through A LOT of crazy shit in my life... this is BY FAR the hardest thing I have ever dealt with.