+ Reply to Thread

Default Strange hairline for 25+ years. How many grafts will cover this area?

I can show you year-by-year pictures of my hairline from the last 25-26 years and you'll notice no difference at all in thinness/thickness. I already know that mine is not a hair loss issue, but rather a strange hairline I was born with & that I inherited from my maternal grandfather. So, please don't suggest that I should wait until I'm at least 30 years old to get a hair transplant.

You see how my hairline becomes more sparse near the temple/edges? And that M-shape? It was exactly like that when I was 2 years old too. And 7. And 12. And 17. And 20. And 23. And 26. It's not hair loss.

Doctor Representative Medikemos Clinic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Very Plastic View Post
    I can show you year-by-year pictures of my hairline from the last 25-26 years and you'll notice no difference at all in thinness/thickness. I already know that mine is not a hair loss issue, but rather a strange hairline I was born with & that I inherited from my maternal grandfather. So, please don't suggest that I should wait until I'm at least 30 years old to get a hair transplant.

You see how my hairline becomes more sparse near the temple/edges? And that M-shape? It was exactly like that when I was 2 years old too. And 7. And 12. And 17. And 20. And 23. And 26. It's not hair loss.
    Hello,

Thank you for presenting your case to the forum. What you have may be a form of triangular alopecia which is not a progressive form of alopecia, as evidenced by your comments that the loss has not progressed, and you had the same hairline as a 2 year old. Cases like yours are normally simple conditions to treat with hair transplantation. Assuming the design you suggested you would need in the realm of 2500 grafts, maybe slig***y more. You have what appears to be somewhat fine hair which means that higher densities must be achieved and higher densities means higher graft numbers.

If you'd like an official consultation that is more thorough you are welcome to contact us any time.