+ Reply to Thread

Default Finasteride on anterior forelock?

I just started finasteride 1.25 mg daily because my hairline, though it's only receded about a quarter inch, if that. My anterior forelock has lost a lot of density, making it possible to see my scalp from the front if I sweep my hair back, so I just want some success stories about hairline density improving, though I don't expect it to lower at all.

Quote Originally Posted by jxlegend View Post
    I just started finasteride 1.25 mg daily because my hairline, though it's only receded about a quarter inch, if that. My anterior forelock has lost a lot of density, making it possible to see my scalp from the front if I sweep my hair back, so I just want some success stories about hairline density improving, though I don't expect it to lower at all.
    success stories you hear about finasteride improving the hair line will be few and far between, and therefor, you should not take much stock in them. Some will say it greatly improved their hair line, others will say it ruined their hair line. For anyone to claim they know exactly how finasteride works on the follicle is completely foolish. If you want individual results - finasteride has hand down almost completely obliterated my hairline AND crown after about 8 months of use. I am not trying to say this with any bitterness or bias. It is just my experience with the medication. Some will share success stories, but with the hair line, I wouldn't expect much.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    success stories you hear about finasteride improving the hair line will be few and far between, and therefor, you should not take much stock in them. Some will say it greatly improved their hair line, others will say it ruined their hair line. For anyone to claim they know exactly how finasteride works on the follicle is completely foolish. If you want individual results - finasteride has hand down almost completely obliterated my hairline AND crown after about 8 months of use. I am not trying to say this with any bitterness or bias. It is just my experience with the medication. Some will share success stories, but with the hair line, I wouldn't expect much.
    But, isn't that "8 month" period well within the expected timeframe for a "shedding period"? Did you stay with it?

Finasteride works really great for me in crown...!

But on hairline not so good..

I try to improve hairline too... Hope it will get better in future..

Maybe you will get better results!!!

how could Fin ruin your hairline???? its not possible

Quote Originally Posted by NSix View Post
    how could Fin ruin your hairline???? its not possible
    Its probably not common, but if MPB were completely mapped out on some sheet of paper somewhere there would probably be better treatments than currently exist. A LOT of stuff involved with MPB is completely unknown still so seems a bit premature to say anything is impossible. Also a lot of major studies for fin were done on more advanced hair loss to show best results so how it affect someone with no MPB is lesser known. They never tested it on men with lower norwood to see if it did any damage they never really cared since most were balding already
    I agree though in theory it shouldnt, but the body doesnt always follow logic and theory.