+ Reply to Thread

Default What type of hair loss is this?

Well long story short my hair has thinned out in two to three months. It used to be extremly full and wouldn't stay down but now it's flat. This all started when I got a night shift job and got no sleep for days sometimes or it might be genetic but my dad isn't bald and my mom is an only child and her dad didn't bald from the sides. Either way It seems to be diffuse as my sides are affected as well as random spots up top. Head itches all over too and is red and sore. I was thinking of taking fin but am not sure if that's jumping the gun. It also feels like my eyelashes and eyebrows are also falling out. Any advice?

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

HELLO Dinky Dino AND WELCOME to this very good hairloss forum!!

There are a good percentage of us members that are also here to help advise others.
    I do try to give good COMMONSENSE advice to ,especially, the very young males here.

Dinky' your hair looks to be OK... You might just be experiencing a maturing of your hairline.
    Overall it seems that you still have a DECENT hairline.

There are some reasons for a thinning of ones hair. Ill just mention 2 right now

1) Lack of protein!
    If you don't get enough protein in your diet, your body may ration protein by shutting down hair growth!
    Thats according to the American Academy of Dermatology.
    This can happen about two to three months after a drop in protein intake, they say. Make sure that you eat properly!
    Talk to your doctor about this.

2) Emotional stress!
    Stress can and WILL cause/add to ones hair thinning or hairloss..thats a FACT.
    Do not ALLOW stress to consume your thoughts and ideas. I know this from my own experience years ago.

Dinky' please let us know how old you are.

I also recommend that you start taking the multivitamin, Biotin.
    That multi' has been proven for many many years to HELP improve everyone's hair, men and women alike.

I'm gonna be 26 in 3 months. Well my hair is usually thick and curly on the sides and now it's gone pretty flat like I have straight hair same goes for all over my head. I eat more than enough protein but I haven't gotten a good night's sleep and am constantly getting a bit frustrated and stressing over other things all day and now my stress is focused around my hair solely which in turn makes me a bit angry. Basically my entire day is me stressing until I get some release or distracted. I will try to get rid of it but that's easier said than done. I should also note that I had urticaria/hives break out twice all over my body during this time frame which never happened before and have a history of psoriasis in my family. I'll get on some biotin then thanks for all your advice.

Good response from you Dinky!
    Now I am thinking that it IS your emotional STRESS that is altering your hair now.

You must 'step back/step away' from your worries,stress and your angers over this. Your hurting yourself bro....
    More than likely, that IS possibly causing an UNNECESSARY change to your hair.

It could be that your hairline has been maturing and then you became stressed-out over the POSSIBILITY of hairloss

Again, you must step back from your worries over the possible change in your hair.
    Stay healthy with your foods and DO NOT unnecessary FOCUS so much on your hair.
    More than likely NO ONE ELSE has noticed any difference in your scalp.

Now it is great that you will be purchasing Biotin.
    You must be patience with its usage and you also must be patience with yourself my friend.

You are STILL a YOUNG man. That being said, Your brain is now finally coming to full growth.
    That is not a joke or an insult to you.. The neocortex is the last part of a humans brain to finish growing.
    Once that happens, you will have better FORESIGHT ,,The ability to predict the consequences of your own actions.

When you are much older, you will look back on your actions and realize what you should have done and what you should not have done .

I know that from experience too..lol.
    Cheers bro!!!

Could an option also instead of biotin?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Cucumber.jpg

Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	42761   Click image for larger version

Name:	celery_442368c.jpg

Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	42762   Click image for larger version

Name:	Spinach.jpg

Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	42763   Click image for larger version

Name:	sana-juicer.jpg

Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	42767   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0025.jpg

Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	42768  

Not 'instead of Biotin' ...
    He can add a few improvements combined together to ensure better hair improvements.
    Consider that thought Herb'

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    Not 'instead of Biotin' ...
    He can add a few improvements combined together to ensure better hair improvements.
    Consider that thought Herb'
    What do you mean since for example spinach has biotin? and the other simple greens has high amounts of silica etc...
    Your body docent know how handle synthetic vitamins, since they donīt have co-enzymes, factors so in real life you just pee it out.
    But of course itīs so easy to take pills, and thinking i can just take a short cut.