+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Hi,

I do not have any before pics. It got really bad, I wouldn't even go in front of a mirror let alone take any pictures.

I had patches of hair that started falling out , from what I was told by my Dr., was due to being on large doses of nadolol & on and off use of prednisone.

At least that what is what he said might be a main contributor.

I can post after pics, but that would not be any sort of before and after proof....Sorry

I'm not peddling anything.

I honestly thought anything with "sulfate" was a major no-no if you are losing or have thinning hair.

And, although it is scented, it tends to have a very very slight "raw eggs" sulfur smell to it when I leave it on and sweat at all.

But, it is worth it to me.

I have a coupon code if anybody wanted to make a purchase!

JK I HAVE NO COUPON CODE , and am not promoting anything, just my own experiences.

There's not that much user experience info on this subject online, that I could find.

There's some site that is talking bad about minoxidil sulfate, but their facts don't ad up.

Like when they talk about the price.

I checked online, and it is not $1,000,000,000 a gram or whatever that site is claiming that minox sulfate is, but it is more expensive per kilo.

Maybe this won't work for everyone. Maybe because I slightly lowered my meds in the last year, my hair is just naturally growing back.

Regardless, I'm just happy there is hair there.

Hi Zmay1962
    Check your TSH (thyroid function)
    Often women lose hair due to even sub--clinical (higher area of normal range) TSH numbers because they are more sensitive to lack of good T3 and T4 levels.
    See what the numbers are and if they are not so hot, ask the MD to do something about it (Armour is better than Levothyroxine) Whatever to see if that will solve your issue.
    The other treatment you can try is an anti-fingal like Nizoarl shampoo
    Give them a chance and see what works.

-Anthony

Hi Anton5redA,

Until you just mentioned those things, I was never aware of any of them. Should I see my primary care physician to get those tests done?

Also, I never knew anything anti-fungal played a role in hair loss at all. I have been using an anti-fungal topical spray "tolnaftate" for a condition I have that occurs on my upper neck called "tinea versicolor". It is a condition that leaves fungal blotches and spots on my upper and lower neck.

Would I be painting with a broad brush to assume that I could also use this anti-fungal on my scalp/hair?

Thanks a lot for time and input.

May

On the topic of anti-fungals,

I also never knew it played any role in hair loss. I have been using a tolnaftate topical spray on my upper neck for a condition called tinea versicolor that leaves blotches on my skin especially in these hot summer days. Is there any way that could be getting in my blood stream transdermally and effecting my hair loss/growth?

I also stopped using using DMSO in my hair loss topical and am just sticking with the minox sulfate w retinol. The DMSO seemed to "abrasive".

I was thinking of adding caffeine to my mix. I read it can help with stimulating hair folicles. I'm just not sure if enough gets absorbed subdermally to play any type of important role... We'll see.

Hi Teece,

Sorry for the late response.

I have been buying my DMSO from Ebay.

They have a lot of different vendors that have a lot of sales and good ratings at good prices.

I looked up the source you said, and the price is significantly more costly, by a lot.

Do you think the quality differs that much?

I hope I am not buying bad or old DMSO.....

So, I am now using my minoxidil sulfate with only 1% DMSO, I felt higher amounts tingled/slightly burned my scalp too much.

I also went ahead and added caffeine at about 5% and mint oil to my concoction, I read mint oil can help with hair growth regeneration. I'm sure it can't hurt.

I am getting positive results though from all of this, compared to when I used to use regular minoxidil.

I'm thinking about maybe buying a kilo of minox sulfate and making my own, when I finally get enough balls to go through with making it myself. I really don't have ANY equipment, but I'm sure I can whip something together. That way I can make a 10-15 or higher percentage of minox sulfate for personal use. I hope too much won't have any adverse effects...But, I'm still a ways off from doing all that.

I'm glad I found minox sulfate. Thanks "ZMay1962" for putting me up on this. Much respect.

BW

I was looking around for other water-based minoxidil topical & I found an interesting study about how a water-based minoxidil topical has a better bioavailability than a pg based minoxidil solution (they used Rogaine).

It claims that:

"The dorsal skins of rat were treated with various water-soluble minoxidil compositions or 5% Rogaine for 1 hour. The intact or decutinized skins were cut, and homogenized. The permeated minoxidil was extracted and analyzed by HPLC. The results indicated the 2% water-soluble minoxidil composition achieved the same penetrating ability as that of 5% Rogaine."

I found the study/abstract it here: https://www.google.com/patents/US20110112125

I'm not to sure how reliable the study is, I just found it to be interesting since I'm also using a water based minoxidil topical, albeit a different form of minoxidil water based topical.

Could water be a far more superior carrier of minoxidil than PG?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or comments.

I did some more reading about Minoxidil sulfate that I found interesting.

I read that regular Minoxidil doesn't work on some individuals because they lack a certain naturally produced enzyme on their scalp/skin, & therefore, they will never see any results.

Minoxidil Sulfate takes care of this problem because whether or not the individual has this "enzyme" it will work regardless.

I can't speak for anyone else, but Minox Sulfate has been a God send for me.

I can even see new hairs that are growing well below my normal hairline (about an inch to an inch & a half). So much so, that sometimes I have to pluck them because they are growing too low below my hairline.

But, that could also be because sometimes I'm in a rush and do not properly wash and Minox Sulfate that drips down my forehead.

I should try applying it to the back of my hand as an experiment to see if I grow hair there,lol.

Take care.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmay1962 View Post

I read that regular Minoxidil doesn't work on some individuals because they lack a certain naturally produced enzyme on their scalp/skin, & therefore, they will never see any results.

Minoxidil Sulfate takes care of this problem because whether or not the individual has this "enzyme" it will work regardless.

I can even see new hairs that are growing well below my normal hairline (about an inch to an inch & a half). So much so, that sometimes I have to pluck them because they are growing too low below my hairline.

But, that could also be because sometimes I'm in a rush and do not properly wash and Minox Sulfate that drips down my forehead.

I should try applying it to the back of my hand as an experiment to see if I grow hair there,lol.

Take care.

Would anyone know if a regular dermatologist would be able to test my scalp for these naturally occurring enzymes.

Because I have tried every brand of regular minoxidil, and the only results I was ever able to achieve was by using a 5% minoxidil sulfate topical.

Thanks in advance for any input or thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmay1962 View Post

Take care.
    Seems Zmay1962 plagiarized these words from Pamela Wilson in the link below...or someone's doing the rounds.

https://www.*****************/intera...bout-it.40131/