is Minoxidil "Sulfate" really 14x stronger than regular minoxidil?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BradWellington
    • Feb 2016

So, I am now using my minoxidil sulfate with only 1% DMSO, I felt higher amounts tingled/slightly burned my scalp too much.

I also went ahead and added caffeine at about 5% and mint oil to my concoction, I read mint oil can help with hair growth regeneration. I'm sure it can't hurt.

I am getting positive results though from all of this, compared to when I used to use regular minoxidil.

I'm thinking about maybe buying a kilo of minox sulfate and making my own, when I finally get enough balls to go through with making it myself. I really don't have ANY equipment, but I'm sure I can whip something together. That way I can make a 10-15 or higher percentage of minox sulfate for personal use. I hope too much won't have any adverse effects...But, I'm still a ways off from doing all that.

I'm glad I found minox sulfate. Thanks "ZMay1962" for putting me up on this. Much respect.

BW

Comment

• Zmay1962
      • Nov 2015

I was looking around for other water-based minoxidil topical & I found an interesting study about how a water-based minoxidil topical has a better bioavailability than a pg based minoxidil solution (they used Rogaine).

It claims that:

"The dorsal skins of rat were treated with various water-soluble minoxidil compositions or 5% Rogaine for 1 hour. The intact or decutinized skins were cut, and homogenized. The permeated minoxidil was extracted and analyzed by HPLC. The results indicated the 2% water-soluble minoxidil composition achieved the same penetrating ability as that of 5% Rogaine."

I found the study/abstract it here: https://www.google.com/patents/US20110112125

I'm not to sure how reliable the study is, I just found it to be interesting since I'm also using a water based minoxidil topical, albeit a different form of minoxidil water based topical.

Could water be a far more superior carrier of minoxidil than PG?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or comments.

Comment

• Zmay1962
        • Nov 2015

I did some more reading about Minoxidil sulfate that I found interesting.

I read that regular Minoxidil doesn't work on some individuals because they lack a certain naturally produced enzyme on their scalp/skin, & therefore, they will never see any results.

Minoxidil Sulfate takes care of this problem because whether or not the individual has this "enzyme" it will work regardless.

I can't speak for anyone else, but Minox Sulfate has been a God send for me.

I can even see new hairs that are growing well below my normal hairline (about an inch to an inch & a half). So much so, that sometimes I have to pluck them because they are growing too low below my hairline.

But, that could also be because sometimes I'm in a rush and do not properly wash and Minox Sulfate that drips down my forehead.

I should try applying it to the back of my hand as an experiment to see if I grow hair there,lol.

Take care.

Comment

• Zmay1962
          • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Zmay1962

I read that regular Minoxidil doesn't work on some individuals because they lack a certain naturally produced enzyme on their scalp/skin, & therefore, they will never see any results.

Minoxidil Sulfate takes care of this problem because whether or not the individual has this "enzyme" it will work regardless.

I can even see new hairs that are growing well below my normal hairline (about an inch to an inch & a half). So much so, that sometimes I have to pluck them because they are growing too low below my hairline.

But, that could also be because sometimes I'm in a rush and do not properly wash and Minox Sulfate that drips down my forehead.

I should try applying it to the back of my hand as an experiment to see if I grow hair there,lol.

Take care.

Would anyone know if a regular dermatologist would be able to test my scalp for these naturally occurring enzymes.

Because I have tried every brand of regular minoxidil, and the only results I was ever able to achieve was by using a 5% minoxidil sulfate topical.

Thanks in advance for any input or thoughts.

Comment

• JohnnyRogers
            • Jan 2017

Take care.
            Seems Zmay1962 plagiarized these words from Pamela Wilson in the link below...or someone's doing the rounds.

https://www.*****************/intera...bout-it.40131/

Comment

• k9gatton
              • Oct 2016

Would anyone know if a regular dermatologist would be able to test my scalp for these naturally occurring enzymes.

Because I have tried every brand of regular minoxidil, and the only results I was ever able to achieve was by using a 5% minoxidil sulfate topical.

Have you tried a concentrated Minoxidil amount, mixed with topical Finasteride and Progesterone?

That is really working for my hair. And I'm not a young guy either. Also, I've had hair loss (noticeable)
              since I was twenty years old.

Would definitely recommend getting a scripted Minoxidil/Finasteride medication if I were you.

It definitely helped me much better than just Minoxidil on it's own. I think Minoxidil by itself
              is useless, really. Without Progesterone, Finasteride, or Dut, it won't do anything for my hair.

Comment

• Apf45
                • Jun 2017

Where to buy minoxidil sulfate

Hello ZMay, can you possibly tell me where you got your minoxidil sulfate lotion? I've googled it and have only found suppliers from china. Thanks in advance

Comment

Working...