+ Reply to Thread

Default What options do I have? Tried certain products and had no luck.

Hey!

I posted photos a while back and basically I have had some recession over the last few years. Nothing too noticeable, Well to me it is and to other people probably not.

I tried fin and had awful insomnia. I had never experienced that before and it was truly awful so I decided to stop it. I also used minox but I don't actually know if it helped over the years. I just wondered what I could try? I use regenpure and that works well. Could anybody offer me some advice? I know people will say use fin or go bald but I'm not in a position where I am that desperate. I have been trying to search about trying adenogen and stemox?

Any advice would be truly appreciated.

Thanks for reading!

You can try Saw Plametto. It reduces DHT and doesn't have side affects as long as you don't take more than 480mgs a day.

Some will tell you that there are a variety of options out there, but anyone who knows anything will call bullsh*t on this. You have finasteride, dutasteride, minoxidil, spiro cream and nizoral... the latter two with slim evidence to support them. You can try things like RU, OC, CB... But once again, where are the results for any of these? MY PERSONAL OPINION... Jump back on finasteride and try a smaller dose perhaps. How long were you on it. I had horrible insomnia from months 3-6 and then it just went away. I had watery semen through month 7, and it just magically went away. I had a period of low libido from 0-2 months... went away. Remember, your body has an amazing ability to adapt and counteract a lot of these sides, it just takes time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic View Post
    You can try Saw Plametto. It reduces DHT and doesn't have side affects as long as you don't take more than 480mgs a day.

Hey man, Has anybody had success with this? I searched for a while about this and people believed that it wasn't that effective. I may try it as my hair isn't that bad. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    Some will tell you that there are a variety of options out there, but anyone who knows anything will call bullsh*t on this. You have finasteride, dutasteride, minoxidil, spiro cream and nizoral... the latter two with slim evidence to support them. You can try things like RU, OC, CB... But once again, where are the results for any of these? MY PERSONAL OPINION... Jump back on finasteride and try a smaller dose perhaps. How long were you on it. I had horrible insomnia from months 3-6 and then it just went away. I had watery semen through month 7, and it just magically went away. I had a period of low libido from 0-2 months... went away. Remember, your body has an amazing ability to adapt and counteract a lot of these sides, it just takes time.
    Hey man, Really appreciate the response! Thing is I did try it at 0.25mg for a while and my Insomnia was truly awful where I had to have a few days off work. My Insomnia didn't go back to normal for at least 2/3 months. I may try it at a super low dose but I just don't really want to at the moment. My hair is in an okay state and I don't know if my hair is maturing or not. I tried fin a couple of years ago and gave up after a month but I had only testicle ache etc when on it. Then I used a propecia brand from boots and I had my awful stage of insomnia. Would you recommend maybe just trying something else? Its more for the peace of mind than anything else haha.

Cheers!

We have finasteride or dut and minoxidil. That's it for things that put any real dent in hair loss. This is the harsh truth.

Saw palmetto isn't going to do a damn thing vs MPB, neither is any other supplement. Anecdotal evidence, especially without pictures means jack ****.

Use one if those 3 or go bald, your choice. This is the reality.

Best of luck.

Lipogaine is effective. It's 5% minoxidil with saw palmetto and some other stuff. You could also try RU58841. There's a bunch of CRTH2 antagonists you could try. You could also try finasteride again. The insomnia may have been a coincidence. Just try microdosing it at first, some people say it's just as effective that way. The active ingredient in Adenogen is adenosine which is basically the same as minoxidil. Stemoxydine is a decent growth stimulator, but it's not going to fix your hair on its own. You need some sort of anti-androgen, AR5 inhibitor, or CRTH2 antagonist to attack the root of the problem.

Inactive

Would you consider trying Melatonin in conjunction with the Finasteride to see if that helps you sleep? It's natural and works like a charm for myself and everyone I know that uses it.

I take Saw Palmetto along with some other vitamins. I always feel like vitamins are something you take just in case - my hair is in good shape at this point, but I'm not sure how much of that is accredited to any particular supplement or vitamin - or if it would be exactly the same should I not take it. The only hard evidence out there is for the main drugs already mentioned here, Finasteride being at the top of the list.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.