• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nameless
    • Feb 2013

Originally posted by GNX
    glorified wig! no thanx!
    Yes.

But if you could do it like "Allthegoodnamesaretaken" suggested where the hairs were somehow safely plugged into skin rather than being put on a base then you could eliminate the wig look and it would be a huge seller. I don't think it can be done but if it could be...

Comment

• Hubris
      • Jul 2015

Originally posted by Arieux
      Not true, modern hair systems with proper attachements can't be blown off by the wind, lol.
      Lol agreed. I wore a wig for about 3 months and it was a really bad experience. Still, there was no chance that thing was involuntarily coming off my head without scalping me.

I fail to see how this technology could improve wearing a hairpiece beyond just bringing down the cost. We already have biofibre hair implants; they require constant upkeep to prevent the body from rejecting them and over time they cause scarring.

Comment

• Jasari
        • May 2011

Synthetic hair. Real hair. I don't really give a crap. If they could somehow find a way to have synthetic hair coming out of my head… Beautiful. It's more or less the same thing. Once a month go for a 'haircut' to get the synthetic hairs replaced. To me that would be no different than veneers on your teeth.

A wig on the other hand, glued to your head… No thanks.

Comment

• Dimoxynil
          • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Jasari
          Synthetic hair. Real hair. I don't really give a crap. If they could somehow find a way to have synthetic hair coming out of my head… Beautiful. It's more or less the same thing. Once a month go for a 'haircut' to get the synthetic hairs replaced. To me that would be no different than veneers on your teeth.

A wig on the other hand, glued to your head… No thanks.
          This.

Comment

• VFrankenstein
            • Oct 2015

Love the idea of small artificial hair follicles that work like real follicles and that produce the hair you want to have. You will just tell the surgeon: "I want thick black hair growing 1 cm a month." And he will do the job. It would be part of some other augmentations your surgeon would be able to fix you up with. But that is probably total science fiction. Even Doc in Back To The Future is still balding in the future even though he went trough some rejuvenation processes.

Comment

Working...