Threaded View

Inactive

I understand the desire to want to have a "formula for being attractive" - but at the end of the day, it's all very subjective. Not only are different qualities attractive to different people, but it also greatly depends on the time we're alive, social norms, etc. Collectively, we as a society buy into this idea of formulaic beauty, and it's also us up to us to challenge it.

If you're losing your hair and you want to change it for yourself, then look into medication, treatment, hair transplants, etc. If you respond well to treatment and are a good candidate for a HT, then go for it! I did - and I don't regret it for a moment. AND even still, another possibility is to love and accept things about yourself that you may not like initially. If I wanted to, I could easily focus on 5 things in this moment about myself/my body that I don't like - OR I can choose to love myself exactly where I am. My body will only keep changing as I get older, so I better get used to practicing loving myself now. We're each given one life on this planet and one body... If you have been dealt a hand that leaves you bald and your features don't fit into society's "formula for beauty", I invite you to try on a different approach to life, tell society and their screwed up standards to shove it, and put your energy into living a fulfilled life of love, connection, and into making this world a better place. <3

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.