+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Diffuse Thinning: You think I can still be saved?(PICS)

I have Curly Hair. Currently on 5% Minoxodil+Nizoral. Ordered Fin at the 12th of this month from AllDay Chemist, and it's still taking long to come(hopefully nextweek)

Anyway, went to a Derm(who didn't prescribe FIN TO ME) and she confirmed I was thinning on the crown, and that I was Diffuse Thinning as well. she said it wasn't too bad, but I still wanted other opinions.

PICS(Wet my Hair+ Styled my Hair with Gel earlier on)

http://i.imgur.com/3SdW4XS.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/uoF1Lmb.jpg

How it looks on most days(or atleast on the 12th of this month, damp a little, no gel)

http://i.imgur.com/Znpd5B2.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/mtY9DoX.jpg

You guys think that with Fin+a combo of Minox+Nizoral(both of which i've been using since the 14th of OCT) that my hair could still be saved, and it could grow thicker? Only 22, but been noticing it since this Summer.

Note: Dermatologist Told me I had telogen effluvium and regular MPB

Hey man, welcome! I have a couple questions for you:

1) WHY does your derm think you have telogen effluvium? Are you currently rapidly losing hair due to some serious illness or surgery that happened recently?

2) WHY won't she prescribe finasteride to you? She says she believes you have MPB, then why no prescription

Minox and nizoral is a good start, but if you're certain you have MPB, the sooner you get on finasteride, the better. I would say consult ANOTHER dermatologist.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    Hey man, welcome! I have a couple questions for you:

1) WHY does your derm think you have telogen effluvium? Are you currently rapidly losing hair due to some serious illness or surgery that happened recently?

2) WHY won't she prescribe finasteride to you? She says she believes you have MPB, then why no prescription

Minox and nizoral is a good start, but if you're certain you have MPB, the sooner you get on finasteride, the better. I would say consult ANOTHER dermatologist.
    Well for the 1st Question

I just remember her looking at my scalp, pulling my hair alittle, and diagnosing that i also had telogen effluvium. Have had stressful times, but nothing extremly serious or any surgeries or any big illnesses(that I know of)

For #2

Initially I went to a family doc who did some blood tests and concluded that my Iron Level+Vitamin D levels were low. When I went to the derm, she saw the results and said that the low iron levels could have something to do with my hairloss and that she'd retake blood tests for Iron. And mentioned that if it's still low, that she wouldn't prescribe FIN Yet because of the side effects for someone of my age(and to take Iron Pills and come back in a few months)

And if it isn't low, she'll prescribe it. Derm hasn't called yet, but i'm not confident that she'll prescribe fin.

I know men that would give the right arm to have that hair but if you do still see a difference in a few years start taking Rogaine