+ Reply to Thread

Default Anyone here using Dutasteride successfully? Regrowth? Maintaining?

Finasteride seems to be weak in my case..

Couple questions for you:

1. How long have you been on Finasteride?
    2. Are you taking Brand or Generic? and Where do you get your Finasteride?
    3. What do you mean by "Weak"? Still Shedding a lot? Visibly worsening hair?

I have been on Generic Finasteride (CVS) for about 15 months and Brand Avodart (Walgreens) for 12 months (1-2X/week). My hair has been up and down, which is better than it was before (all down). Right now, my hair looks better than it has in 4-5 years probably. It's hard to say where I've had regrowth because I never really took any decent before pictures, but I notice that I usually can get away with using less caboki and styling has gotten a lot easier. So I would say at the LEAST, I've been able to maintain my hair. No sides to speak of, at all. None.

Good Luck!

Hey I've been on finasteride for 6 months now. I'm from Hungary so i don't know what does Walgreens and etc means. My doc gave me the prescription and i bought 5mg fin the local pharmacy (I'm taking 1,25mg).

In the last two years my hair was always a roller coaster, good for a few months then shedding to zero, then good again (but always a bit worse). I assume because of the shortening life cycles of the follicles, and it haven't stopped on fin that's why i said that it's weak in my case (havent go any sides). Now I'm 2 weeks in 0,5 DUT (Avodart from the pharmacy) EOD on dut days i take fin, no sides yet, after one months i'm planning to do a blood test for test and dht. My hair is shedding as f*ck (it's been good for the last 3 months).

I'm on minox 1x daily for more than 2 years. In the beginning had great regrowth but i think dht-t destroyed the gains (i was stupid not to take fin back then because of horror storys). Planning to add stemoxydine 5%.

Hope things will go well and i'll recover from this shedding like i always did and i can maintain my existing hair.

Quote Originally Posted by diffuse View Post
    Hey I've been on finasteride for 6 months now. I'm from Hungary so i don't know what does Walgreens and etc means. My doc gave me the prescription and i bought 5mg fin the local pharmacy (I'm taking 1,25mg).

In the last two years my hair was always a roller coaster, good for a few months then shedding to zero, then good again (but always a bit worse). I assume because of the shortening life cycles of the follicles, and it haven't stopped on fin that's why i said that it's weak in my case (havent go any sides). Now I'm 2 weeks in 0,5 DUT (Avodart from the pharmacy) EOD on dut days i take fin, no sides yet, after one months i'm planning to do a blood test for test and dht. My hair is shedding as f*ck (it's been good for the last 3 months).

I'm on minox 1x daily for more than 2 years. In the beginning had great regrowth but i think dht-t destroyed the gains (i was stupid not to take fin back then because of horror storys). Planning to add stemoxydine 5%.

Hope things will go well and i'll recover from this shedding like i always did and i can maintain my existing hair.
    I would stick it out. Walgreens is a brand of pharmacy, so whatever pharmacy you're going to, just make sure its legitimate! I figured out that minoxidil makes me shed a LOT, even after I've been using it for a while. It also makes me shed when I stop using it, so that's why I went to Minoxidil almost every day (1X per day).

Good Luck! I hope it works out for you!