+ Reply to Thread

Default Trying natural Wnt activators

So I know it won't have the activation effectiveness of Samumed's drug, but as we don't know when SM will be available( many months minimum), I really would like to try these 2 natural Wnt activator , coz it will at least help to activate it even in a little proportion. But I need advices from some who have experience in homemade treatments/compounds if possible

Two natural activators were recently identified:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -Malva verticillata seed extracts upregulate the Wnt pathway in human dermal papilla cells.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26249736

RESULTS:
    An extract from M. verticillata seeds increased Wnt reporter activity in a concentration-dependent manner and also led to increased β-catenin levels in cultured human DPCs. Myristoleic acid, identified as an effective compound of M. verticillata seeds, stimulated the proliferation of DPCs in a dose-dependent manner and increased transcription levels of the downstream targets: IGF-1, KGF, VEGF and HGF. Myristoleic acid also enhanced the phosphorylation of MAPKs (Akt and p38).

CONCLUSION:
    Overall, the data suggest that this extract of M. verticillata seeds could be a good candidate for treating hair loss by modulating the Wnt/β-catenin pathway in DPCs.

For this one, M.verticillata seeds can be easily buy but I don't found any liquid extract form that could be apply topically. If someone have an idea of what we can do with that, and how could we transform in a topical way. Or if we can't, at least how to eat them or cook it lol
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-The second activator is mare's-tail extract (Equisetum arvense)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Novel activators and inhibitors of the Wnt signaling pathway from medicinal plants

https://www.thieme-connect.com/produ...s-0034-1394517

The extract of a Far Eastern plant Ampelopsis japonica also showed a Wnt-inhibiting activity in both GFP and luciferase assays. In opposite, the extract of mare's-tail (Equisetum arvense) showed activation of the reporter activity in the absence of a Wnt ligand. So, we have identified two potential Wnt cascade inhibitors and one potential activator.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For this one, when i search mare's tail equisetum arvense extract, it gives me horsetail extract (equisetum arvense) maybe it could be okay? have to look better the intrinsec differences between mare'stail and horsetail

like this one?:
    http://www.amazon.com/Horsetail-Equi.../dp/B008OVZUI4

"Directions
    Shake well before use. 20-30 drops, three times a day or as directed by your practitioner. The best way to use liquid herbal tinctures is to put the suggested amount in a glass of water, tea, or juice and drink the entire contents"

I would drink it aswell as it won't hurt, but what I want is to apply on the scalp but:

-Can I apply it directly to the scalp as it's already in a liquid form?

-Or for penetration, do I have to add some alcohol vehicules, or something?

Please if someone have some ideas and could help it would be nice, I'm a complete noob in home made treatments as I only took fin in my life, but Im def motivated to try this natural Wnt activation

If anyone is interested to try some activation with herbal extract ? even if it won't be as powerful as samumed chemical's way, at least it will gives some little wnt activation (whatever the proportion), that will be directly benificial for the hair , so will help for the waiting game

let's activate this sh&t

Nice find! I'll be looking into both. Here's one I found;

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/24328990/

I don't use food coloring but I do take the below supplement that has Carrageenan in it.

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/swans...FQczaQodzd4AnQ

Thanks Vic! this look good!

CARRAGEENAN is easily accessible in powder for food gel making,etc. Do you think we could use the same protocol with this powder as other use for making their topical CB,seti to make our topical?

But if yes, how could we know about dosages?

"Kappa Carrageenan forms shear-thinning gel, which means a Carrageenan gel can be blended into a fluid gel or extruded as a foam"

Or I see also some Carrageenan personal Lubricants:
    http://www.amazon.com/Carrageenan-Ge.../dp/B0017QPOPW
    https://well.ca/products/sliquid-oce...ant_49687.html

As it's already for skin application, maybe it's okay to apply twice daily on the scalp no?or even more?^^

Maybe it won't be that powerful but even a little activation is la bienvenue hehe ( and even more if we find a way to add one of these two plants posted above )

let's keep updated

ok i will begin with pure horsetail equisetum arvense extract

"Marestail (also mare's tail and mare's-tail) can refer to:

-Equisetum, a fern ally also known as horsetail and pipeweed"

Will dilute in a good oil carrier (to make a solution between 1 or 5% ) and apply twice daily. It surely won't increase activation that much, but even a little little bit would be greatly appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by lacazette View Post
    ok i will begin with pure horsetail equisetum arvense extract

"Marestail (also mare's tail and mare's-tail) can refer to:

-Equisetum, a fern ally also known as horsetail and pipeweed"

Will dilute in a good oil carrier (to make a solution between 1 or 5% ) and apply twice daily. It surely won't increase activation that much, but even a little little bit would be greatly appreciated
    Interested in taking progress pics in the off chance it actually does help?

Hey,
    Sorry if this is random... I'm an old lurker of this site (almost 9 years).
    What prompted me to post here is Carrageenan. My ex-wife would talk about how it was proven to contribute to Alzheimer's disease. This might be completely BS but from one hairloss sufferer to another, maybe research into that. That is all. Best of luck!

@Sogeking, yep no pbm

@Spaceboy, thank you very much man for taking the time to aware us. you're right I saw the studies linking Carrageenan additive food with Alzheimer. Thanks for ur input!