+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default What happend to Pilofocus?

What ever happened to this? The claims of donor regeneration, the results? Has there been anything?

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Hi Breaking Bald...
    Dr. Wesley has been very busy with more updating of his medical instrumentation once again.
    He had finished up a small portion of his second Phase Testing with just a few patients.
    He will be starting the next round of Phase Testing ASAP.
    I will be a Phase Test patient of his this November!!
    I am excited to know that I soon be a part of this!!
    My wife will be with me when we go out there!
    Dr. Wesley is a very sincere,very serious and dedicated doctor in this new scientific possibility for hairloss!!

Lol. You have been posting messages like this for what now, artista, two years?

I spoke with Dr. Wesley last month and can confirm Artista's info. Dr. Wesley has been working with a team of engineers to create, and improve upon, instruments that make the technique viable. Existing endoscopic instruments are too bulky for piloscopy to be efficient. In order to harvest grafts in the thousands in one session, new instruments had to be created and that has been one of the reasons that piloscopy was not yet ready to go. AFAIK, many of those technical hurdles have been overcome.

As for donor regeneration, Dr. Wesley has not claimed anything beyond what is already known - when you transect the hair follicle, regrowth has been observed in both halves. However, the shaft in both cases comes out much finer than the original and does not always cycle again. I don`t believe that Dr. Wesley has made any claims that full and healthy donor regeneration is guaranteed.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Everybody must remember that
    At the very beginning of his phase testing,
    Which was quite a while ago now,
    The beginning results were amazing but you must know that it was anecdotal at that point in time.
    It's true that Dr. Wesley will not make any claims until all these phase testings are completed and proven out.
    Personally speaking, I have been very patient about when exactly I would be part of this phase test.
    Now for sure Dr. Wesley has confirmed to me that I can and WILL be a phase test patient of his next month approximately on the second week.

I feel bad for dr wesley, as there are too many other options about to hit the market...

seti, pilox, christiano's topical, swiss's protocol, wounding/lgr6 and so on and so forth... by the time he gets this thing to market, nobody is going to be getting surgeries to fix their hairloss... at least not in the traditional HT sense of the word surgery...

Sorry to break it to you, but just about everything you listed are many, many years away, and even when they arrive, none of them are going to take a NW6 to a NW0. For those who are high NWs (3 and above), Hair transplants will be needed for many, many years to come, and Piloscopy looks to be a real breakthrough in that realm. Even for lower NWs, there will still be a need to recreate hairlines, etc. Will we need hair transplants 30 years from now? God, I hope not, but util then, there will be a need for hair transplants.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHairASAP View Post
    I feel bad for dr wesley, as there are too many other options about to hit the market...

seti, pilox, christiano's topical, swiss's protocol, wounding/lgr6 and so on and so forth... by the time he gets this thing to market, nobody is going to be getting surgeries to fix their hairloss... at least not in the traditional HT sense of the word surgery...

none of those will replace surgery lol. wounding is going to take a loooong looong time too..

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    Lol. You have been posting messages like this for what now, artista, two years?
    i was thinking the same. it's always the same scheme with artista. also it's interesting how he is many times one of the first posters to respond at a new started pilofocus thread, and he never gets tired repeating the same statements over and over.

it seems artista has some business-related connection with dr. wesley.
    he will deny it of course, but it's getting more and more clear.

Quote Originally Posted by joachim View Post
    i was thinking the same. it's always the same scheme with artista. also it's interesting how he is many times one of the first posters to respond at a new started pilofocus thread, and he never gets tired repeating the same statements over and over.

it seems artista has some business-related connection with dr. wesley.
    he will deny it of course, but it's getting more and more clear.
    I think Artista is a really positive person on these threads and this is just random speculation. How exactly is he scheming?