Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Artista
    • Apr 2010

Hi there Occulus and thanks..
    Just wanted to say that I was not trying to 'defend' myself in this conversation.
    I was being quite objective here to respond because other members reading this might consider someone elses emotional assumptions as if it were true. Especially the very young!
    It is not a waste of time for me to try and make sure that other members consider ALL the responses.

I have seen something like that said on the forum a few times in the past but I did not respond.
    (People can think whatever they want to think)
    The most important thing for everyone is to stay POSITIVE regardless of whats happening in ones life.

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
      • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Occulus
      Sorry to break it to you, but just about everything you listed are many, many years away, and even when they arrive, none of them are going to take a NW6 to a NW0. For those who are high NWs (3 and above), Hair transplants will be needed for many, many years to come, and Piloscopy looks to be a real breakthrough in that realm. Even for lower NWs, there will still be a need to recreate hairlines, etc. Will we need hair transplants 30 years from now? God, I hope not, but util then, there will be a need for hair transplants.
      Go look at swisstemples regrowth...

Read some of the new research...

Chances are pretty slim that HTs will be our best option in 5 years... nevermind one that calls for blowing out your scalp like a baloon and using a snake machine to go around under your scalp

Comment

• Trouse5858
        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by NeedHairASAP

Chances are pretty slim that HTs will be our best option in 5 years... nevermind one that calls for blowing out your scalp like a baloon and using a snake machine to go around under your scalp
        Everyone reading this website is noticeably balding to varying degrees. Given the history of delays in this industry, there's not even a great or even good likelihood that there will be a commercially viable hair re-growth option on the market in that timeframe. And I'm assuming that's what you're referring to when you talk about the 'research' because most people reading this, without any new improvements to their regimen in five years will be in a dire situation and stabilizers won't be enough to reverse the damage IMO. A new hair transplant method, preferably one that would work on diffuse thinners would be huge

Comment

• Occulus
          • Dec 2013

Originally posted by NeedHairASAP

Five years? There's nothing that's currently in trials that will be available in five years that will turn a NW4+ to a NW2 or better. Bimotoprost is the only new protocol that MIGHT be available soon, and it certainly isn't growing a head of hair - it will hopefully be better than Rogaine. After that, it's a bunch of drugs that are still in Phase II trials or earlier, which means they won't be available commercially for at least five years IF THEY WORK.

I didn't say HTs will be the "best option," but they will still be needed, and Piloscopy, along with further robotics integration, will be the new gold standard. As for Swisstemples results, they are impressive, but did you look at the protocol? It requires five or six different drugs, plus wounding and even sunburning! Given the choice between that and an HT, I'm getting an HT every time. The sad truth is there are a lot of slick bald high NWs for whom these new protocols will not bring a acceptable level of growth. Most protocols seem to work much better on people who still have hair. For those people, HTs are the only option and will be for a long time to come.

Comment

• dutchguyhanging
            • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Artista
            Hi there Occulus and thanks..
            Just wanted to say that I was not trying to 'defend' myself in this conversation.
            I was being quite objective here to respond because other members reading this might consider someone elses emotional assumptions as if it were true. Especially the very young!
            It is not a waste of time for me to try and make sure that other members consider ALL the responses.

I have seen something like that said on the forum a few times in the past but I did not respond.
            (People can think whatever they want to think)
            The most important thing for everyone is to stay POSITIVE regardless of whats happening in ones life.
            Artista and Occulus, i see u r valuable members of this forum. but I agree with ShookOnes. I see the clip Wesley posted along with ur commnets and also see Spencer's show. If u find a well known surgeon today, u hardly see any scars 5-6 months after surgery. Honestly if it doesnt show any regrowth (and we all know it wont) i dont see future at all... I think this is just dead end....

Comment

Working...