Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Breaking Bald
    • Aug 2012

What happend to Pilofocus?

What ever happened to this? The claims of donor regeneration, the results? Has there been anything?
  • Artista
    • Apr 2010

Hi Breaking Bald...
    Dr. Wesley has been very busy with more updating of his medical instrumentation once again.
    He had finished up a small portion of his second Phase Testing with just a few patients.
    He will be starting the next round of Phase Testing ASAP.
    I will be a Phase Test patient of his this November!!
    I am excited to know that I soon be a part of this!!
    My wife will be with me when we go out there!
    Dr. Wesley is a very sincere,very serious and dedicated doctor in this new scientific possibility for hairloss!!

Comment

• Arashi
      • Aug 2012

Lol. You have been posting messages like this for what now, artista, two years?

Comment

• kirklandism
        • Jul 2013

I spoke with Dr. Wesley last month and can confirm Artista's info. Dr. Wesley has been working with a team of engineers to create, and improve upon, instruments that make the technique viable. Existing endoscopic instruments are too bulky for piloscopy to be efficient. In order to harvest grafts in the thousands in one session, new instruments had to be created and that has been one of the reasons that piloscopy was not yet ready to go. AFAIK, many of those technical hurdles have been overcome.

As for donor regeneration, Dr. Wesley has not claimed anything beyond what is already known - when you transect the hair follicle, regrowth has been observed in both halves. However, the shaft in both cases comes out much finer than the original and does not always cycle again. I don`t believe that Dr. Wesley has made any claims that full and healthy donor regeneration is guaranteed.

Comment

• Artista
          • Apr 2010

Everybody must remember that
          At the very beginning of his phase testing,
          Which was quite a while ago now,
          The beginning results were amazing but you must know that it was anecdotal at that point in time.
          It's true that Dr. Wesley will not make any claims until all these phase testings are completed and proven out.
          Personally speaking, I have been very patient about when exactly I would be part of this phase test.
          Now for sure Dr. Wesley has confirmed to me that I can and WILL be a phase test patient of his next month approximately on the second week.

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
            • Jul 2011

I feel bad for dr wesley, as there are too many other options about to hit the market...

seti, pilox, christiano's topical, swiss's protocol, wounding/lgr6 and so on and so forth... by the time he gets this thing to market, nobody is going to be getting surgeries to fix their hairloss... at least not in the traditional HT sense of the word surgery...

Comment

• Occulus
              • Dec 2013

Sorry to break it to you, but just about everything you listed are many, many years away, and even when they arrive, none of them are going to take a NW6 to a NW0. For those who are high NWs (3 and above), Hair transplants will be needed for many, many years to come, and Piloscopy looks to be a real breakthrough in that realm. Even for lower NWs, there will still be a need to recreate hairlines, etc. Will we need hair transplants 30 years from now? God, I hope not, but util then, there will be a need for hair transplants.

Comment

• ShookOnes
                • Jun 2014

Originally posted by NeedHairASAP
                I feel bad for dr wesley, as there are too many other options about to hit the market...

seti, pilox, christiano's topical, swiss's protocol, wounding/lgr6 and so on and so forth... by the time he gets this thing to market, nobody is going to be getting surgeries to fix their hairloss... at least not in the traditional HT sense of the word surgery...

none of those will replace surgery lol. wounding is going to take a loooong looong time too..

Comment

• joachim
                  • May 2014

Originally posted by Arashi
                  Lol. You have been posting messages like this for what now, artista, two years?
                  i was thinking the same. it's always the same scheme with artista. also it's interesting how he is many times one of the first posters to respond at a new started pilofocus thread, and he never gets tired repeating the same statements over and over.

it seems artista has some business-related connection with dr. wesley.
                  he will deny it of course, but it's getting more and more clear.

Comment

• jamesst11
                    • Jun 2014

Originally posted by joachim
                    i was thinking the same. it's always the same scheme with artista. also it's interesting how he is many times one of the first posters to respond at a new started pilofocus thread, and he never gets tired repeating the same statements over and over.

I think Artista is a really positive person on these threads and this is just random speculation. How exactly is he scheming?

Comment

• Arashi
                      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by joachim

I dont have that idea, that he's somehow business related. I think he sincerely believes in all of it. But after 2 years of "in a few months I'll join dr Wesley's trial", it become a bit old and one starts to doubt this ever is going to reach the market at all.

Comment

• Artista
                        • Apr 2010

What Joachim is stating is not true at all. That is certainly an emotional assumption being made on his part.
                        Honestly speaking, I am not "business-related connection with Dr. Wesley"

Joachim, you can belief whatever you would like to believe of course-lol.

I do not take offense to what you or anyone else here would say.
                        I know that i am being quite honest on this forum.
                        Spencer knows that.

Members here that have known about me and just how active I have been on this forum do KNOW that when i am on here, I am not continually talking about Pilofocus.

My main focus for going onto this forum is to try to help advise, especially the young guys here.
                        When I do get involved in some of those threads I do NOT talk about Pilofocus.
                        There is no reason to. Of course I have talked about Pilofocus when somebody would bring it up to me.
                        I always try to advice the guys here to understand that we all must accept the realities of our lives and to not ALLOW ones hairloss or possible hairloss to tarnish ones life.
                        Also that stress will cause more problems than you know.
                        Ive been a member here since 2010.
                        I joined this BTT forum to find out what might be possible for me to try out for my hairloss.
                        In 2013 I decided to accept the reality of hairloss and was going to shave my hair off.
                        Of course, at first I would have been a little bit concerned about how people would view me with a shaved head but I knew that I would get over that.
                        Then I had decided in August of 2013 to give Finasteride a chance because of all the advice I was given, especially from a couple of guys I know personally that was already on Finasteride with good results.
                        (To this day Finasteride is still improving my hair, of course I do not have a full head of hair -LOL- but I like what it has been doing so far).
                        Back to my point, in October of 2013, I found out about Dr. Wesley's Pilofocus and the initial Phase Testing.
                        I started a Thread about Spencer's Live show, 10/29/13, in which he talked about Dr Wesley's work.
                        I said-

"The Bald Truth live show 10/29/13 reviews-
                        I know a lot of our members have yet to listen to yesterday's show.
                        Once you do please feel free to add your point of view here.
                        For those that had listened in yesterday,,Please give us your review.
                        I personally was a bit stoked. I feel that Dr Wesley does have a
                        'Game-Changer' coming our way in the field of 21st century hair restoration techniques. I would like to THANK Spencer Kobren for opening up that conversation on the show..We have a lot more to learn about it. Keep in mind,,Dr Wesley's new Pilofocus method will soon be available. When exactly? Definitely next year but have no idea exactly when"

Of course that was a guesstimate on my part, and I was wrong~ lol.
                        Back in 2013, I was lucky to have been able to privately view Dr Wesley's 45 minute PowerPoint presentation on that initial Phase Test.
                        It was amazing to see, but again, we all must keep in mind that, to this day,it is still anecdotal.
                        Im glad to have been accepted into finally being a Phase Test patient for next month.
                        I hope that this really becomes a 'Game-Changer' in hair transplantation surgery.

I have always been honest here and I have always tried to help others with common-sense.

Here is the link to that thread I started~~~

I will add to that thread now.

Comment

• Artista
                          • Apr 2010

I will add to that thread later on actually.
                          LOL...

I appreciate the other comments made here just now,,thanks guys.
                          I really am on here mostly to try to advise others with the realities of our lives

Comment

• Occulus
                            • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Artista
                            I will add to that thread later on actually.
                            LOL...

I appreciate the other comments made here just now,,thanks guys.
                            I really am on here mostly to try to advise others with the realities of our lives
                            Don't waste your time - there's no reason to defend yourself to trolls. Piloscopy - if it achieves what it claims to - is amazing, and I look forward to its further development. I don't need an HT now, but I probably will in five or so years, and given the choice between a procedure that creates tiny scars all over the head and one that makes one small, easily-concealable scar, the choice is easy.

Comment

• ShookOnes
                              • Jun 2014

Originally posted by Occulus
                              Don't waste your time - there's no reason to defend yourself to trolls. Piloscopy - if it achieves what it claims to - is amazing, and I look forward to its further development. I don't need an HT now, but I probably will in five or so years, and given the choice between a procedure that creates tiny scars all over the head and one that makes one small, easily-concealable scar, the choice is easy.

just had a 1600 graft fue and couldn't even see a scar with a 0 gaurd 2 weeks later...

Comment

Working...