I Want My Hair back - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default I Want My Hair back

Hi everyone from the forums im Gus and this is my story
    Its hard for me to fathom the fact that just one year ago I had thick, wavy and beautiful hair. About January of 2008 i started noticing my hair wouldnt spike up as easily as it did for I had always had it in a spiky manner but did not raise any alarms since i could still comb it up. Mid February came I can remember I was showering since I was going out to play some poker with some buddies, then go to a party where there was to be some grade A girls. Vividly i recall when i was in the shower washing my hair with the same shampoo i had always did however when i looked at my hands i could see clumps of hair my first thoughts were WTF! but again didnt think nothing of it since in my head I knew I was too young to be going to through any kind of hair loss (20 at then time) Over the next months showering became agonizing since my hair would just wash away.When i would look at the mirror i could see my temples receding and was just awful to watch. Its been 10 months and I have semi- controlled my hair loss, im using Revita shampoo along with a high end conditioner and can honestly its yielding results Im counting less than 6 hairs when I shower so that's a plus. In the near future I will look into pills, or maybe even a hair transplant.

Hey gusguts -

Congrats on your hair shedding slowing down. It is so hard when we lose our hair at any age, but I definitely think it's a lot rougher the younger you are.

Sending you good hair vibes

Default Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by gusguts View Post
    Hi everyone from the forums im Gus and this is my story
    Its hard for me to fathom the fact that just one year ago I had thick, wavy and beautiful hair. About January of 2008 i started noticing my hair wouldnt spike up as easily as it did for I had always had it in a spiky manner but did not raise any alarms since i could still comb it up. Mid February came I can remember I was showering since I was going out to play some poker with some buddies, then go to a party where there was to be some grade A girls. Vividly i recall when i was in the shower washing my hair with the same shampoo i had always did however when i looked at my hands i could see clumps of hair my first thoughts were WTF! but again didnt think nothing of it since in my head I knew I was too young to be going to through any kind of hair loss (20 at then time) Over the next months showering became agonizing since my hair would just wash away.When i would look at the mirror i could see my temples receding and was just awful to watch. Its been 10 months and I have semi- controlled my hair loss, im using Revita shampoo along with a high end conditioner and can honestly its yielding results Im counting less than 6 hairs when I shower so that's a plus. In the near future I will look into pills, or maybe even a hair transplant.
    Hey Gusguts,

I'm glad you found the new forum.

Stick around, listen to the show and ask plenty of questions. You're not alone man! I think your first step should be to get checked out by a physician who has a good handle on hair loss. If your hair loss continues to progress you should talk to your doctor about Propecia.
    Here's the link to my story. It's not really my entire story, but it gives you an idea how hair loss affected my life.

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=145

We're here to help.
    Spencer Kobren
    Founder, American Hair Loss Association
    Host, The Bald Truth Radio Show

I am not a physician. My opinions and knowledge concerning hair loss and its treatment are based on extensive research and reporting on the subject as a consumer advocate and hair loss educator. My views and comments on the subject should not be taken as medical advice. Always seek the advice of a medical professional when considering medical and surgical treatment.