+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: So dis day...

Default So dis day...

i slicked back my hair to c if my hair is normal, well the left slide seemed normal, but the right side looked abit like starting of receding hairline, is this cause by me pulling my hair back? cause i pulled my hair on the right side more than my left, or dis is normal just a mature hairline.
    i m 15 and father is bald at 35
    help plz!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	WIN_20151025_210726.jpg

Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	42413

You're lucky to catch wind of hairloss early. Don't listen to people saying it's just a mature hairline forming.

If you're noticing something changing take action asap. Preventing hairloss is an order of magnitude easier than regrowth.

My suggestion is to see a dermatologist and test for miniaturization.

If you can't afford a dermatologist, I'd start rogaine foam 5% twice daily and never stop.
    Yes it's a hassle and expensive, but it's and investment in yourself.

I'd also recommend nizoral 2x a week.

Absolutely don't touch Propecia until 20 imo. Rogaine should hold the thick beautiful hair you have now until 20.
    Probably be a better option than propecia by then too. (Setipriprant hopefully).

so u say that this is a mbp form of balding?

anyone who can share their opinion?

MPB typically starts with the temples and eventually affects the crown as well.

At the moment your hair looks perfectly fine, but since your father was bald at 30... I'd see a dermatologist or keep a very close eye on it.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldingEagle View Post
    MPB typically starts with the temples and eventually affects the crown as well.

At the moment your hair looks perfectly fine, but since your father was bald at 30... I'd see a dermatologist or keep a very close eye on it.
    so u say that my hair is perfectly fine right now but i have to keep a eye on it cause my father is started balding at 35?
    lol just asking is there a possiblity that i wont get the trait of balding from my dad?
    and the only thing i m worried is my hairline on the right and my crown and my left temple looks perfectly fine

There's a possibility you won't inherit it from him. But him being bald definitely increases your odds.

The issue is... preventing hairloss is much much easier than gaining hair back.

I'd keep a close eye on you hair by taking pictures and comparing them every 2 months. You see yourself everyday so a mirror won't do.

If you see loss progressing contact a dermatologist.

The sooner you catch and treat hairloss the better off you'll be.

There's nothing wrong with your hair. It's perfectly normal for your hairline to be slightly asymmetrical (not 100% evenly balanced). Also, it's normal to have some recession occur in your temples as you mature into adulthood.

You don't have any signs of hair loss in the photo you posted. It would probably be a huge mistake to start using Minoxidil this early (or any other treatments).

Stop obsessing about your hair, it's not healthy to be fixated on it. You can certainly keep an eye on things, but taking photos every two months at your age (15) sounds like going overboard to me. There's nothing wrong with your hair yet.

My advice: forget about your hair until it becomes a definite problem. It's not a definite problem yet. Hair loss can skip generations, so just because your father is bald, doesn't mean that you will be bald too. It's not a great sign that your Dad has hair loss, but it's not guaranteed that you'll have the same experience.

ok thx everyone!

Hi, actually it’s a premature baldness that you are suffering at this early age. As you have mentioned it is hereditary baldness issues that your father has suffered through this phase. Significant reasons for this kind of baldness can be considered as one of the severe traumatic conditions most men could ever face. This seems like some disorders like hormonal imbalance, hereditary reasons, nutritional deficiencies and by inculcating unhealthy habits.