+ Reply to Thread

Default Constant Crawling, Itching feeling in my Scalp + Hairloss

Hello fellow forumers. This is my first topic on this site, so I hope you won't be too strict on how I lay this out.

Anyways, I am a 20 yr old with a NW3 (moving into NW4 it seems (really hope not)) and I wanted to ask you all a question about itching scalp. It sort of itches, but at the same time I get these crawling/runny feelings all over my head and not only the areas that lose hair. My sides and back of scalp is also getting this feeling, however sometimes also the hairline seems to feel it as if there is a "line" drawn on it and it crawls just there.

I get these crawling feelings mostly during the night, when I am most relaxed and do least amount of movements. I also seem to get small pimples in the middle of the spots where it normally has the runny feeling, no puss in them, just inflammation.

I don't really think it could be because of my seldom scratching, as I clean my hair almost everyday.

I was searching on internet about this and surprisingly I couldn't find anything. Many people seem to have this problem, but nobody gets any help and/or gets treated. Most people were saying that crawling feelings appeared because of anxiety, but I experience those moments when I listen to relaxing music and sleeping, which makes me think it's not the anxiety part at all.

I also tried stress management for the past month, which was to no avail, and I kept getting those crawling feelings at the same rate as ever before.

I also heard that it could be some kind of small worms that get inside your scalp and that they have to get kicked out of your body, but how, nobody knows exactly. Apparently medical science discounts the existence of such worms, which makes me a bit skeptical of this option as well.

I know it is a very unscientific way of putting it, but this is what I feel, and otherwise I don't see a way of explaining it.

I went to a few trichologists around my area and all of them seemed to just want sell me some of their products without really giving me an explanation of what I have and how would those products help me, which just put me in a state of hopelessness.. which brought me to this forums I guess.

I wanted to hear if anyone of you experiences something similar, and if you know a cure for such cases. I don't know if it is somehow linked to my hairloss, but if it is.. I would only want more to cure it

Hope to hear from you guys and see what you have to say. Don't mind leaving a reply even if you don't have itching scalp, your educated opinion will also be welcomed.

Hello,
    Welcome to the forum. I AM VERY FAMILIAR TO THESE SENSATIONS IN YOUR SCALP. They are not worms, or any weird parasite! What you are feeling is most likely scalp inflammation, which can be caused by a variety of things. You may be experiencing telogen effluvium, which is a condition that presents itself a few months after a serious illness or injury. You should research this on the internet. I have had this a few times. Did ANYTHING happen a few months ago that may have effected your body? new medication? surgery? serious illness or stress?

Hello Jamesst11,

These feelings have been with me for over years now, to be honest for about 2 years now. I haven't done any new or any medication during that time, apart from maybe taking some flu pills in these 24 months. I had no surgery done in my past, not any serious illness either, but the stress part, I am a little stressful at times. Though going maybe into a bit personal details, I had 2 failed attempted suicides, one at 16 and other last year. Although those do not fit into the period of few months, so I don't think it could be a reason.

I do get my mood going up in the morning, feeling quite well and then feeling totally hopeless in the evenings, or the other way around. But I think this isn't enough stress to really make any difference to cause the inflammation on my scalp. So I feel a bit lost now in what to do. I'm sure that this inflammation isn't the cause of my hairloss, but maybe halting the inflammation could possibly decrease the further loss, or at very least stop these crawly feelings which really do nothing but get on my nerves.

Have you been able to cure the inflammation Jamesst11? Would be very glad to know, so maybe I could start trying something to stop it.

A bit on the side note, my hairloss pattern is almost as NW goes, however my left side of the scalp seems to have lost more hairline than my right side. Really don't know if this is just "my" pattern, or could it be some other reason behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by SunriseWarrior View Post
    Hello Jamesst11,

These feelings have been with me for over years now, to be honest for about 2 years now. I haven't done any new or any medication during that time, apart from maybe taking some flu pills in these 24 months. I had no surgery done in my past, not any serious illness either, but the stress part, I am a little stressful at times. Though going maybe into a bit personal details, I had 2 failed attempted suicides, one at 16 and other last year. Although those do not fit into the period of few months, so I don't think it could be a reason.

I do get my mood going up in the morning, feeling quite well and then feeling totally hopeless in the evenings, or the other way around. But I think this isn't enough stress to really make any difference to cause the inflammation on my scalp. So I feel a bit lost now in what to do. I'm sure that this inflammation isn't the cause of my hairloss, but maybe halting the inflammation could possibly decrease the further loss, or at very least stop these crawly feelings which really do nothing but get on my nerves.

Have you been able to cure the inflammation Jamesst11? Would be very glad to know, so maybe I could start trying something to stop it.

A bit on the side note, my hairloss pattern is almost as NW goes, however my left side of the scalp seems to have lost more hairline than my right side. Really don't know if this is just "my" pattern, or could it be some other reason behind it.
    Can you tell us about what shampoo you use, how often do you shampoo and whether you put any kind of medications/creams on your scalp to maintain/regrow your hair (if you do provide details about what you use and how often you use them) ?

Quote Originally Posted by SunriseWarrior View Post
    Hello Jamesst11,

Hey Sunrise warrior,
    I am very sorry to hear about your experiences in the past few years. Remember, there is nothing worth taking your life over. Many of us have been there with thoughts of hopelessness and even suicide and I hope with all my heart you do everything within your power to remember and appreciate your value as a human, despite any flaws you think you have. THERE IS ALWAYS A "SOLUTION" TO EVERYTHING SUNRISE WARRIOR! Hang in there. After experimenting with a million things, I HAVE found a few things that seem to help with these sensations. I honestly think they work for me, even if some are just having a placebo effect.

1) NIZORAL SHAMPOO
    2) A GOOD WHOLE BODY ANTI INFLAMMATORY HERBAL SUPPLEMENT EVERY DAY
    3) FISH OIL SUPPLEMENT, FLAX SEED OR ANY SUPPLEMENT RICH IN OMEGA - 3'S
    4) SCALP MASSAGE - A lot of what you are experiencing may be the inability of blood to circulate properly through the tiny vessels in the scalp. Help that blood move
    5) INVERSION THERAPY - Some thing this is laughable, but I swear it helps me. Also makes my hair grow quicker. I bought an inversion table for like $60 on amazon and use it nightly. It helps my back, my knees and helps with that tingly feeling in my scalp
    6) RINSE HAIR WITH COLD WATER. I just apply the nizoral, scrub it in, finish my shower, then step out of the shower, turn it on cold and run it over my head for a couple minutes. feels great.
    7) DONT over wash your hair. I would shampoo once every 2 days. maybe find a good conditioner too, I like pur-a-dor

Aside from that, I would TRY and alleviate stress as much as possible. MOST of us have issues at NIGHT. When we are just relaxing, watching tv or whatever, we have time to focus on every little thing... it's not good. Maybe try to take up a hobby that can distract the focus from your head... playing the guitar, wood working, even incorporate a LITTLE exercise here and there at night. I like to do sets of push ups here and there throughout the evening because it gets the blood flowing. GOOD LUCK!

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    Hey Sunrise warrior,
    I am very sorry to hear about your experiences in the past few years. Remember, there is nothing worth taking your life over. Many of us have been there with thoughts of hopelessness and even suicide and I hope with all my heart you do everything within your power to remember and appreciate your value as a human, despite any flaws you think you have. THERE IS ALWAYS A "SOLUTION" TO EVERYTHING SUNRISE WARRIOR! Hang in there. After experimenting with a million things, I HAVE found a few things that seem to help with these sensations. I honestly think they work for me, even if some are just having a placebo effect.

1) NIZORAL SHAMPOO
    2) A GOOD WHOLE BODY ANTI INFLAMMATORY HERBAL SUPPLEMENT EVERY DAY
    3) FISH OIL SUPPLEMENT, FLAX SEED OR ANY SUPPLEMENT RICH IN OMEGA - 3'S
    4) SCALP MASSAGE - A lot of what you are experiencing may be the inability of blood to circulate properly through the tiny vessels in the scalp. Help that blood move
    5) INVERSION THERAPY - Some thing this is laughable, but I swear it helps me. Also makes my hair grow quicker. I bought an inversion table for like $60 on amazon and use it nightly. It helps my back, my knees and helps with that tingly feeling in my scalp
    6) RINSE HAIR WITH COLD WATER. I just apply the nizoral, scrub it in, finish my shower, then step out of the shower, turn it on cold and run it over my head for a couple minutes. feels great.
    7) DONT over wash your hair. I would shampoo once every 2 days. maybe find a good conditioner too, I like pur-a-dor

Aside from that, I would TRY and alleviate stress as much as possible. MOST of us have issues at NIGHT. When we are just relaxing, watching tv or whatever, we have time to focus on every little thing... it's not good. Maybe try to take up a hobby that can distract the focus from your head... playing the guitar, wood working, even incorporate a LITTLE exercise here and there at night. I like to do sets of push ups here and there throughout the evening because it gets the blood flowing. GOOD LUCK!
    Donīt get me wrong jamesst11, but maybe could be worth stop using synthetic chemicals as (nizoral), and supplements that docent trigger as they should.

Hey Herbaliser,
    I am with you man, the more natural, the better... at least in most scenarios in life. I do, however, believe that in certain situations, man-formulated chemicals can be o.k. Nizoral in a lot of people can have nothing but a positive effect on scalp inflammation. If you feel like going completely natural, tea tree oil shampoo is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    Hey Herbaliser,
    I am with you man, the more natural, the better... at least in most scenarios in life. I do, however, believe that in certain situations, man-formulated chemicals can be o.k. Nizoral in a lot of people can have nothing but a positive effect on scalp inflammation. If you feel like going completely natural, tea tree oil shampoo is awesome.
    Hi James,
    Yeas i do have different approach to hair loss, and in overall health without using supplements.
    http://www.rxlist.com/nizoral-shampo...rug-center.htm

This is how the gaining companies works, because they take care of you, and not you by your own.
    And tea tree oil is to harsh for scalp usage in my opinion, even if itīs so called natural.

Ive never really found any shampoo that helps or stops that itch. The day I use the shampoo it will help but its back the next day. Nothing really gets rid of it or helps much. For me niz actually makes it worse and dries my scalp out. You just learn to live with it. I think for me its androgen or MPB related, but I dont know if thats the case for everyone. Im just guessing so maybe thats not even it.

hey sunriser warrior, i agreed with jamesst11, tried some natural things like fish oil supplements by mouth and put and massage into hair, flaxseed meal you can put it in soups oatmeal protein drinks pretty much everything. also you can try onion juice from red onions its said to kill fungas parasites improve blood flood high in sulpur but try a little on a small part of your scalp to see how you react also you could dilute it but may be less effective. also get you a good probotic supplement. life can seem hard at times please talk to someone there are people that care about you.