+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vox View Post
    I don't want to be rude or anything, but from my personal perspective (see my previous message), being NW2.5 at 26 and talking about the consequences of hair loss in your life seems more like a joke than anything else. All you have is simply a little more than a mature hairline, which is not unusual in this age.
    This, for god's sake I was a slick NW5 at 22 years old, and my hair transplant at 24 brought me back to a NW2.5!

This guy has no idea about what the reality of baldness is. I have only one thing to say to that BaldingEagle: wait until you're bald.

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    This, for god's sake I was a slick NW5 at 22 years old, and my hair transplant at 24 brought me back to a NW2.5!

This guy has no idea about what the reality of baldness is. I have only one thing to say to that BaldingEagle: wait until you're bald.
    It's not a f*cking contest you guys... Y'all have so much self pity that whenever some one else has a personal issue, you turn it around on them and make yours SOOOOO much more significant. The "reality" of baldness is different for different people, just as the reality of anything else. You win though Fred... you went super bald at such a young age, and that is obviously worst than anything ANY of us are experiencing on here.

I'm sorry you feel that way but any hairloss at all is devastating to many.

Also I hopefully won't ever go bald. I'm tolerating finasteride 1.25mg a day and 5% minox twice a day very well so with that combination odds are I gain rather than lose while waiting for future treatments.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldingEagle View Post
    I'm sorry you feel that way but any hairloss at all is devastating to many.

Also I hopefully won't ever go bald. I'm tolerating finasteride 1.25mg a day and 5% minox twice a day very well so with that combination odds are I gain rather than lose while waiting for future treatments.
    It's not, NW5 and NW2.5 are worlds apart. You say I should feel bad for still being NW2.5? Hell I don't, I think my hair line is badass and I love my current shaved look.

But to compare that to a slick shiny infinite forehead NW5? It doesn't compare really. People who agonize over anything under a NW3 should learn something called perspective.

It's not, NW5 and NW2.5 are worlds apart. You say I should feel bad for still being NW2.5? Hell I don't, I think my hair line is badass and I love my current shaved look.

But to compare that to a slick shiny infinite forehead NW5? It doesn't compare really. People who agonize over anything under a NW3 should learn something called perspective.
    One of the hardest parts of hairloss is not knowing where that loss will end up. Hairloss doesn't become psychologically difficult ONCE your bald, it's hard throughout. Sometimes the calm before the storm can be so much worse. You spend that time convincing yourself it'll be an impossible storm; when the reality is it might not be so bad. But during that time, you'll torture yourself.
    The paranoia of hairloss, whether it's a NW2 or 5, it still hits everyone.

It is not a competition. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Not giving up View Post
    One of the hardest parts of hairloss is not knowing where that loss will end up. Hairloss doesn't become psychologically difficult ONCE your bald, it's hard throughout. Sometimes the calm before the storm can be so much worse. You spend that time convincing yourself it'll be an impossible storm; when the reality is it might not be so bad. But during that time, you'll torture yourself.

You're completely right. And I'll tell you now, it's not as horrible as you think it will be. I know, I have been in both states (balding and worrying how it will be, and then actually bald).

You think that when you're going to be bald, it's going to be the end of the world. Well I was bald, at 22, and it wasn't the end of the world. Sure it sucked a lot for some social situations.

But besides a minority of men and women (I tried to date) being extremely harsh, my life was still going globally well. So I can tell as someone who has been on both sides of the fence:

NW2's are wrong to worry so much about the future. You still have hair, enjoy it, and when you don't have it anymore, you'll just get rejected by girls a lot more and mocked by random assholes.

That's all. But still, it made me want to have a hair transplant, because I didn't want to be looking over my shoulder for yet another insult from someone.

I do appreciate to not giving up Hair loss is something which we can not say anytime when it will end up. We can not predict the future about hair loss or fall but we can reduce the worries and anxiety for which hair loss is one of the significant reason

Quote Originally Posted by Not giving up View Post

I also think that there's something about the finality of it - Knowing that you'll probably never get your hair back and be stuck with very few options for the rest of your life (Unless some kind of miracle treatment comes out soon). As a young man this can be devastating. I know that's what bothers me most. Also, there are many people who are OK bald, but look much better with hair so it can still be a downer.

I perfectly understand that majority of guys don't benefit from balding. But honestly, you are turning your own lives into hell.

self-pity will destroy you

California (someday), Eastern Europe (currently)

Quote Originally Posted by Onion Knight View Post
    That's the true people need to understand that hair doesn't bring you girls.
    Yet it is a sign of being young and healthy, is it not? To me it seems that as you're aging, hairloss will emphasise and speed up you getting out of that league. I guess I'm being too dramatic and generalising, but a 19yo girl with a bald dude is either sugar-daddy kind of relationship, or just not happening. Either way, doesn't look natural.