+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Hybrid View

You´re not alone man, I feel exactly like you. I am 30 years old and NW6, and it has totally crushed me as a person. I am constantly working on methods to try to handle the depression and anxiety that comes with hairloss, but damn its so hard. Its not easy to lose ones youth so early in life. I feel robbed of my youth.

This thread rings so true for me right now. I used to think that the bald-unattractive thing was completely blown out of proportion until this happened to me:

Me and my girlfriend were on holiday together in Sri Lanka staying in an amazing hotel by the beach. We befriended another nice couple, became familiar and ate together, played cards and drank.

Over a few drinks the subject of bullying in school came up. My gf was bullied at school over her looks (absolutely nothing wrong with her looks at all ) by the boys in her year who were all Rich without a care in the world. I know it upset her which is why I always emphasised how nice looking she was.

Years later she was at a party with the people she used to go to school with. She explained One of the guys who used to bully her had gone fully bald. she laughed out loud as she said it - the point being " look whose ugly now " at that point she looked at me in horror when she realised what she had said ( I'm NW3 )

I brought it up in the hotel room afterwards. It was so depressing for myself especially after all the time and energy I had spent helping her self esteem. And look whose got low self esteem now.

We broke up a few weeks ago. Lots of factors involved but my hair loss and the negativity it causes are party to blame

Wish I could tell you it will get better(easier to deal with) with age, but there are no guarantees that it will. I am in my late 30's and still deal with the same up's and downs. I started losing my hair in my early 20's and haven't liked the way I looked since then. Some days I will look in the mirror and think: "I don't look that bad" and be able to go on about my day. Other days I will look in the mirror and think: "I look like shit" and just walk around upset/depressed for the rest of the day. It's sad that before hair loss I used to think I looked good, now "Not too bad" is pretty much as good as it gets.

My wife is 21 and I'm 26. She doesn't give a shit about my hair loss.

Too many people worry no girls will want them due to hairloss and becoming depressed.

Look at how many bald men are married.

You don't need hair or money to land a decent girl.

Many girls will turn down a bald man, but shallow whores don't make good wives.

The best thing you can do to attract a girl, or friends for that matter... Be an interesting person. Have things to say. Have skills, build character.

I started losing my hair at 20 and I've never had any issues with women. Sure some girls rejected me, and that happens to literally everyone.

At the end of the day I'm a 26 year old NW 2.5 with a 21 year old wife who's an objective 8-9. I make 40k a year which isn't impressive and I have an average build.

Hair loss sucks I get it, but it doesn't automatically remove you from attaining true happiness.

I sincerely hope you learn to love yourself and be happy.

Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldingEagle View Post
    At the end of the day I'm a 26 year old NW 2.5 with a 21 year old wife who's an objective 8-9.
    I don't want to be rude or anything, but from my personal perspective (see my previous message), being NW2.5 at 26 and talking about the consequences of hair loss in your life seems more like a joke than anything else. All you have is simply a little more than a mature hairline, which is not unusual in this age.

However you don't mention the general situation of you hair. Except the receding hairline, do you have enough thickness or do you lose hair in a diffuse pattern? This can make a huge difference when you are still in the low NW stages. With a good thickness, NW2.5 is really minor in your age for all practical purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldingEagle View Post

Too many people worry no girls will want them due to hairloss and becoming depressed.

Look at how many bald men are married.

You don't need hair or money to land a decent girl.

Many girls will turn down a bald man, but shallow whores don't make good wives.

The best thing you can do to attract a girl, or friends for that matter... Be an interesting person. Have things to say. Have skills, build character.

I started losing my hair at 20 and I've never had any issues with women. Sure some girls rejected me, and that happens to literally everyone.

At the end of the day I'm a 26 year old NW 2.5 with a 21 year old wife who's an objective 8-9. I make 40k a year which isn't impressive and I have an average build.

Hair loss sucks I get it, but it doesn't automatically remove you from attaining true happiness.

I sincerely hope you learn to love yourself and be happy.

Best of luck.
    That's the true people need to understand that hair doesn't bring you girls.

If you have longish, moppish hair... dermmatch. It's the greatest. Doesn't give a damn about water, wind or anything.

i know your pain but life is not about a full head of hair i think you need to find your calling in life and go for it don't just sit cry about your hair and screw what people think take Rogaine twice a day and stop feeling sorry for your self i know a lot of guys with bald heads who have nice girls great jobs and money some guys look great bald and some look great with a buzz cut pick one stop dragging you self down with self pitty 80% of men will have thinning hair your far from alone in this so my advice to you is to get into cars build one find a hobby get out and enjoy being healthy and being alive take your mind off it it seems you have to much time on your hands your generation has failed you all still live with your moms and do nothing important but play video games and social media us as parents have failed to by not forcing you into getting a job and move out at 21

I have just read this and you have totally hit the nail on the head dude. I'm 23 and I absolutely hate my hair. I have tried to avoid myself in the mirror/reflections, anything to make sure I don't catch a glance at my awful hair. I despise it. I keep hoping with each new product I try, or new technique that my hair will look thicker and fuller. However this never happens. I tried Propecia for two months and I had a huge shed. It scared the life out of me so I stopped it and it has only just made my hair worse. I am at the end of my tether with the way I look and my hair. All I want to do, is look I the mirror and think 'you look good today' however that hasn't happened in a good three years.

I feel your pain man, I really do. Just know that this is a place where you can vent your anger and tell people how you really feel without being judged or discriminated against.

Let's just hope there's a miracle cure soon.

I feel u dude I'm getting.closer.N closer tosuicide everyday not many people understand n not every guy can look good people don't understand the permanent shame humiliation the sense of feeling inferior the mocky the inadequate life opportunities the change of ur sprite a once can conquer anything and a feeling of being free is replaced with self hate feeling weak less appealing. I gave up my life I quit everything I don't take care of myself at all.cuz of this to.the.people that say acting this way won't get u a girl I say I couldn't get a girl when I was handsome N had money n n loved myself n had confidence this is about our own self satisfaction of our own perceived image that represents our character its a deseise that hinder a n alters ur life makes things rougher n worst of all no one sees it as an issue and no one thinks it as big.as.it is they hear people.sad about n look at them.with belittlment n think we are just be I.g wimps or cacti.g ridiculous over hair but the contrast it hold on the average face is so devastating to ur looks when it gone so give.majority if bald man look old n bitter some.might look.Good but that's a select few