+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default 18 years old and and almost bald

hello this is my story, I am 18 years old and my hair is around norwood 4-5. I didnt think much of my hairloss once it started maybe because I was young and stupid or it wasnt all that bad. Once many of my family members died I fell into a pit of depression and then my dog died, I snaped I left my final year of high school which I could of finshed easily. I didnt have much self esteem to begin with due to the depression and then hairloss hit me BAM depression sky rocketed. I would look in the mirror everyday start to cry and just think to myself this isnt me. I slowly lost all my friends even my best friend left me. I never imagined at the age of 18 I would living this kind of life style, scared to take my beanie off, looking at hairtransplant video every ****ing day, constantly searching fourms for ways to save my hair and not leaving the house. Its build this social anxiety to a point I dont want to live anymore, I have no one to talk about my issues and its just building up to a point of having suicidal thoughts regularly. I dont wanna die but I dont want to live life like this, I want to travel the world, make friends, party, get in relationships. The only hope I have now is a hairtransplant but im very poor. EVEN IF IT TAKES all my money im doing it. Hairloss has ruined the last 2 years of my life.
    ive been on finasteride for 6 months and just started monoxdil with ru58841 about a week ago. My hair looks llike it got abit worse over that time but might be due to shedding who knows
    if you want pics pm me

I feel so much sympathy for you. Balding in your early ages is devastating because all your peers are rocking full heads of hairs and you don't want to stand out. I was in a somewhat similar situation like you are, started to lose my hear when I was 18 although not as rapidly as you are. But it greatly interfered with my life. It was always on the back of my mind and I never really felt happy. I thought only a hair transplant will could make me happy again and I jumped into one without proper research. Now I am in worse shape than before, I wish I could just shave my head and get on with my life. But I can not do that now, and probably will need some kind of repair.

I know this is probably not what you want to hear now but if you lose your hair this early in your life than it is probably so aggressive that no medication will help you get back what you lost. I strongly suggest you to at least try to shave your head and see what it feels like and how the people react to it. If you are not meant to have hair that show your middle finger to your hair and make the shaved head your style, I know it is easier said than done, but I think this is the only way to find relief and get on with your life. Don't make the same mistakes that I did. Talk to your friends about your problem, talk to as many people as you can. And do not jump into a hair transplant recklessly like I did. What they don't tell you is that those miraculous photos they show you are the minority. The average result is nowhere near that, and if you and up with a mediocre result that is far worse than naturally balding and shaving your head.

I don't know if I can post a link here but search for slybaldguys on google and you will find a support forum that I advise you to take a look at.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Hello 420grower and welcome to this forum!
    This is the best forum to be at for hairloss issues and advice.
    I am a bit concerned for you based on your thread here just now.
    You must know, consider and remember that because you are an 18 year old very young man,
    your brain is not fully grown yet...at that age 'we' are/were all quite naive.

This is not meant to be condescending to you 420grower~so please consider what i am advising.
    The last part of the brain to fully grow is the neocortex .(the frontal part of the brain)
    When the neocortex is completely finished growing at about the mid-20s to the early 30s,
    You will then have good FORESIGHT-
    The ability to predict the consequences of your own actions.

You will fully realize this as a truth once you are in your late 20s.
    Right now, you do not have complete foresight bro, so please consider any common-sense advice given to you.
    You need to have a healthy and a happy life REGARDLESS of any hairloss.
    Stress will add to hairloss as well!!
    There are decent treatments available.
    I am surprised that you are on Finasteride being that you are only 18 years old.
    Did your doctor advise that to you?
    If you truly are on Finasteride, a percentage of men will experience a shedding but that hair will more than likely regrow.
    Also, you can post photos of your scalp here without showing your face.
    No one can pm here bro.
    I really want to help you with good common-sense advice young man-
    do not ALLOW hairloss to ruin your life!
    All will be well in the long run.

thanks for the advice but I need to try a hairtransplant, it might **** me even more but im willing to take that risk. I know that the meds might not halt my hairloss since its so aggressive but I have to try. I guess what im saying is im not ready to accept im a bald kid, ill give it a year see how the meds go

I'm glad to see your response.
    It's obvious that you're being over emotional on this and I understand it being that you are only 18 years old.
    Nobody wants to lose their hair- nobody.
    Men and women alike.
    In order to have a happy and healthy life you have to be excepting of whatever your life is like 'today'.
    Over emotionality and stress and depression WILL cause unnecessary problems in your life!
    Could you please explain more about your use of finasteride?
    Again, did your doctor recommend that to you?
    If you are on it you have to be very patient.
    More than likely you will get positive results although nobody knows to what percentage you will experience.
    Keep in mind it is ongoing and patience is key to being on finasteride!
    I know that from experience. I've been on finasteride since 2013.
    I am definitely experiencing hair improvements.
    I don't have a full head of hair but I'm excepting of that because I want to live a happy and healthy life!
    You need to consider that my friend.
    As I said there are a few good options for you to improve your hair.
    I would suggest you get yourself the multivitamin, Biotin.
    Biotin has been proven for many many years to help improve everybody's hair.
    It's over-the-counter , no prescription needed on that. Of course it may not do what something like finasteride can do but it will add to it!
    So please answer the questions I wrote to you. Have a Happy day!!!

thanks man
    My doc did recommend fin he said all the cons of fin and did include hair loss is a natrual process.
    I take 1 mg fin daily
    I get no sides from fin and my labito is very high
    I get what your saying i need to conquer my fear of judgement/self judgement and be peace with myself
    I have to get rid of my all the stress and depression in my life
    I honestly dont think im ready to accept the fact im balding even thought in the back of my head I know how the reality is. hopefully throughout the year I can accept were I stand and be happy with life once again
    thanks, means alot

Your quite welcomed bro!
    Your responses are good!
    Keep in mind that because your so young, you will eventually experience VERY GOOD hair improvements.
    Accept it for now. If someone else can't accept your hairloss then that is his/her problem NOT YOURS- lol.
    That's the true 420'
    By the way, I'm on 1 mg per day too since August2013.

cheers man im not letting hair loss win period.
    can I hear your thoughts on this
    This is my plan to beat it, I want to first have a Fut just a normal procedure to about 1500 grafts to 2000 at the front of my head then after a some time I want to max havest the side of my head depending how much money I have and how much hair I need to fill in.
    I plan to shave that side of my head and get a tattoo done and also I will grow my hair long will this look wierd
    do reckon this will be viable?
    I dont think im fully commit yet to this idea

420' hi bro!

I would say that you are too young right now to have any hair transplants work done.
    Like I said before, please be accepting of what it is right now.
    If someone else doesn't like your hair, then that is not your problem,,that would be that person's problem.
    Your 18 years old and because you are,,there WILL be BETTER science in the field of hair restorations.
    On a side note, I will be a patient of Dr. Wesley's Pilofocus 2nd PHASE TESTING this week.
    No one knows for sure but it COULD BE a 'game-changer' for all people experiencing hairloss.
    Stay positive my young friend....stay happy.

18 is way too early to be having a HT wen u have no clue how much hair ur gonna be left with or if it will diffuse.

steer clear from FUT wen u have no idea how much hair ur gonna lose and the last thing u want is an ear to ear scar that now becomes even more visible cause ur hair is now thinning out in that area.

and if the scar widens like it does for thousands of others ull need FUE to repair the scar and the last thing u want is to waste precious grafts REPAIRING a poorly healed FUT scar. u need to do more research.

FUE is the only way to go. do u have body and beard hair? if so, that is a real option as well and somthn FUT cannot do.

Quote Originally Posted by 420grower View Post
    cheers man im not letting hair loss win period.
    can I hear your thoughts on this
    This is my plan to beat it, I want to first have a Fut just a normal procedure to about 1500 grafts to 2000 at the front of my head then after a some time I want to max havest the side of my head depending how much money I have and how much hair I need to fill in.
    I plan to shave that side of my head and get a tattoo done and also I will grow my hair long will this look wierd
    do reckon this will be viable?
    I dont think im fully commit yet to this idea