Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chongmet
    • Aug 2015

Fin + DHT and T levels

Hi, Im about to start using Fin after few fears being afraid of doing that.
    So I did a Testosterone total blood test and I got 27.50 while the Norma scale is between 8.40 to 28.70. This means Im inside the norma but my T levels are high. It was stated that higher than normal T levels might indicate sexual problems.

Question is: if I take Fin, my DHT levels will reduce and T levels will 100% go above the max of the norma scale. Does it mean Im going to have sexual sides for sure?

And maybe this is the explanation to why some of the people get sides while others don't? ( those who don't having T levels such that after using Fin they are still inside the norma)
  • jamesst11
    • Jun 2014

My T levels were high to begin with and finasteride only made them very slightly higher, while dropping my DHT levels (I can only assume, I never had them tested before, but they are very low now.) I have no sexual sides, perhaps just slightly INCREASED libido. On another note, I have been on fin for more than 7 months now and have lost A LOT of hair on it, so who knows how the hell this crazy drug works. It's my last option though, so hopefully I will get some regrowth soon.

Comment

• chongmet
      • Aug 2015

Originally posted by jamesst11
      My T levels were high to begin with and finasteride only made them very slightly higher, while dropping my DHT levels (I can only assume, I never had them tested before, but they are very low now.) I have no sexual sides, perhaps just slightly INCREASED libido. On another note, I have been on fin for more than 7 months now and have lost A LOT of hair on it, so who knows how the hell this crazy drug works. It's my last option though, so hopefully I will get some regrowth soon.
      Very interesting. So it seems that there is no any constancy.
      Do you use Minox? or have you used it in the past?

Comment

• TooMuchHairWontKillYou
        • Apr 2015

As I know low levels of T causes sexual sides and not high levels.
        Check your estrogen (female hormone) levels. High levels of estrogen in men is reason for sexual sides

Comment

• chongmet
          • Aug 2015

Originally posted by TooMuchHairWontKillYou
          As I know low levels of T causes sexual sides and not high levels.
          Check your estrogen (female hormone) levels. High levels of estrogen in men is reason for sexual sides
          Both low T levels and high T levels may indictae you have sexual problems (according to the instructions on my blood test results). And yes it sounds weird to me too.

Comment

• jamesst11
            • Jun 2014

Originally posted by chongmet
            Very interesting. So it seems that there is no any constancy.
            Do you use Minox? or have you used it in the past?
            Indeed... if you are looking for consistency among individuals who take a medication, then finasteride is definitely NOT what you are looking for...then again, no medication is consistent among people because every body's physiology is different. For me, taking this medication is pure torture. Not because of ANY real sides. Because every day it feels like there are ants crawling underneath my scalp. Apparently, no one can tell me why this is happening, but I am sure it has something to do with inflammation. The point is, every one has a different physiology and will respond differently.

Comment

• SunriseWarrior
              • Aug 2015

no medication is consistent among people because every body's physiology is different
              Makes us really hopeful of getting any results...

ants crawling underneath my scalp.
              Same here, ants, "runny", crawling feeling... I feel hopeless now with my hairloss, I literally go to different consultations to find out that everyone is telling me a different thing. None of them really know much about hairloss, heck.. some of them even don't know what DHT is.

This and the serious medications they are prescribing makes me think that the whole medical science consists of just a handful of people making "sort of" progress with medicine while the vast majority is just trying to make money out of it, not really giving a damn about any one of its patients.

I'm really sad for having to live with this condition which became visible to others since I was 19. It's funny cos people say that men will not age till 40s... well, I look like a 30 year old while being 20 and the thing doesn't seem to get any better. Sometimes I just wonder, is it worth to live through this downhill, which unfortunately for me started at the end of my teens.

So yeah, thank you hair loss for destroying my life. Too bad I haven't made the best out of my teens while I still had hair.

Comment

• chongmet
                • Aug 2015

Indeed... if you are looking for consistency among individuals who take a medication, then finasteride is definitely NOT what you are looking for...then again, no medication is consistent among people because every body's physiology is different. For me, taking this medication is pure torture. Not because of ANY real sides. Because every day it feels like there are ants crawling underneath my scalp. Apparently, no one can tell me why this is happening, but I am sure it has something to do with inflammation. The point is, every one has a different physiology and will respond differently.
                Have you tried Minox?

Comment

Working...