+ Reply to Thread

Default New here. Am I balding?

Apologizes in advance for the unorganized block of text. My thoughts are everywhere.

So some background. 21 years old now, asian (korean to be specific if its important), I've taken pics a long time ago of the back of my head as well but it doesnt look like its changed in density. Oh and I've always had a high forehead (4fingers) but Ive kept track of it and its never receded since I started looking at it when I was 18.But i was shocked the other day when I saw the back of my head at the cowlick region I have below the crown after I showered. The cowlick is a swirl and I have had thin hair all my life. But when it was wet and clumped the crown was so visible. I mean it was like the upper half of the back of my head was visible. I started freaking out until it all dried and I checked it again to see that it was almost covered except for the middle of the swirl obviously. This was last week but I thought of it today and started becoming paranoid during class so I went to the restroom and took a pic of the back of my head dry. You can see the swirly area. But the whole upper back area looks so visible while its wet and it freaks me out so does this happen to anyone else? I'm hoping its the combination of the worst cowlick in history along with the typical asian hair (being super thin and less dense than other races). Sorry if I embed this wrong. Dunno how to work this... Also, I had a super traumatic jaw surgery in January. Dunno if that accounts for this since if it did, the hairs would have grown back by now right? Should I just keep an eye on it? I'm kind of embarrased now at the fact of swimming with friends during the summer now..

Also, I know nothing about fin since ive never done any of these researches before. But say fin restores a lot of my crown. If I quit it, all of those hairs would fall out? Why does that happen? And if it does, would it happen gradually over time or kind of fast? Also, does quitting fin after using it cause hairloss on other hairs that wouldve fallen out at a later time period?

Quote Originally Posted by Bradbruh View Post
    Also, I know nothing about fin since ive never done any of these researches before. But say fin restores a lot of my crown. If I quit it, all of those hairs would fall out? Why does that happen? And if it does, would it happen gradually over time or kind of fast? Also, does quitting fin after using it cause hairloss on other hairs that wouldve fallen out at a later time period?
    Kinda looks balding do wet and hairline pics