+ Reply to Thread

Default An important question to the high norwoods & diffusers

Hey guys,

Long time since I've posted on here, I've been checking the cutting edge section more often recently but as I expected not much is in the pipeline other than a couple of possibilities some years down the line.

In 6+ months I will turn 26 and I began balding at around 20 years old. No point in going on about how much it had an affect on my confidence because you all know the feeling. My question is to the high norwoods and most notably the diffusers as that's what I am.

When you're baldness began, how much further did it go past the starting point? As in if you started balding in the crown how much further down did it progress downwards? Did it never go past the starting point? Rr after you lost most of the hair on the top did it then begin to process further downwards on the back and sides?

I began balding in the crown pretty early and as of yet it has not progressed any further downwards from where it started. It is very obvious what area of my head is affected as the quality of the hair is ridiculously low!!! It's thin and there is no life or vitality in them what so ever. However, if it will not progress any further then I am in a very good position for a hair transplant! I have amazingly thick donor hair and as of yet there is a large amount of healthy, thick hair on the back of my head. So I really would appreciate people's advice or experience with this. Surely, if it is all going at once then it will not progress from where it started? You can obviously see what hair is doomed to go and what hair is still very healthy.

I really am considering the possibility of getting a hair transplant next year as my hair is really diminishing and I need to do something about it. Tried Rogaine and will not take propecia so a hair transplant is my only option. I'm fully aware of the risks and arguments for getting one at my age, but really it doesn't matter. I want to live comfortably in my mid twenties looking and feeling good. It's likely I will need more HT's in the future and that's fine, if it progresses too much down the line then and I need to eventually shave it off then that's fine too but that won't be for some time yet. Would really appreciate some help and advice from the high NW's here to find out what your experiences in this is. Thank you.

Regards,
    BB

Bumpity bump

I am a diffuse thinner who noticed my thinning hair at 20. I got on Rogaine, and then on Proscar and Nizoral about a year or so later. I'm 38 now, and I still have a lot of hair on my head. If you saw me you'd say I had thin hair, but you wouldn't say I was bald - I don't have much temple or hairline recession, and even my crown isn't bald. The top of my head is thin overall, but you can't see scalp. My sides have thinned a little, but honestly I keep them short, so it's hard to tell. My hair loss slowly progressed through my 20's, but no one would have thought I was losing my hair until I was around 28. Since then, it's continued to progress, but very slowly. If I were to grow my hair out, you would notice that I had a too-wide part, with thinning around the part, and most notably at the front of my scalp (but, oddly, not the hairline).

I don't think I'm a good candidate for a hair transplant simply because I have too much hair - I can't imagine how a doctor would place grafts around my existing hair without damaging them. I hope there is a new topical or some other protocol that grows hair soon, because an HT is probably out of the question for me, and will be fore some time until I lose more hair (which I am pretty sure I will, just slowly).

All in all, if I were you, I'd get on the big three if you aren't already. I am positive that had I not gotten on Proscar, I'd probably be pretty bald.