+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Nizoral 2% vs. Regenepure DR

Do you recommend using Nizoral 2% (it is OTC in my country) once a week OR regenepure DR 3 times a week ?

Nizoral has 'sodium laureth sulphate' in it which I've read countless times is something you don't want. Having said that, I have used both of these (though not at the same time) for a while (Regenepure for a good year) and noticed no benefit. And no consequences from stopping it either (which I did a good 6 or so months ago now).

Nizoral has some good reviews to it by a quite a few people but there is a few people who's scalp doesn't like it with drying out the scalp or causing to much of a shed at the hairline. When i 1st started balding it wasn't much of a issue though was irritating on the scalp but with the state of my hairline at the moment im cautious...Still have to use it though thanks to it been prescribed by the doctor as a sweetener for a dermo appointment lol

I have been using nizoral for the last 2 years with no problems. However, recently I bought regenepure and I don't know if I should make the change or not....

I like how regenepure is free of sulfate and other chemicals and is loaded with so many ingredients like saw palmetto and caffeine which might somehow help (very little) with blocking DHT since I'm not on fin.
    BUT
    I'm afraid throwing too many ingredients together might lessen the effect of keto.
    Also the studies That support keto helps with blocking DHT was done using Nizoral 2% not 1%.... So I'm not sure if using keto 1% multiple times will be as effective as using 2%.

Any thoughts!

How much Keto is in Regenepure? Did see a study written where 1% is still as effective as 2% As for ingredients if Keto is near the top and good percentage i don't think other ingredients would effect it too much, if you check Nizoral it'll still have a fair amount of other ingredients just not so much natural.

Did notice Regenepure claims to have Emu oil in it, which increases absorption and Jojoba is good for hair. Its around 22 pounds (200ml) in the UK where Nizoral is only 7 pounds (60ml) . So depends how often you would use it?

Regenepure only has 1% and the study was done on 2%... However, I am not sure if using 1% for 2 or 3 days aweek will be as effective as using 2% once aweek or so.

No there was a study on the 1% version after comparing it to a another type of shampoo and was found to be nearly enough just as effective as 2%, which showed an 8% increase in hair diameter

In a study presented to the Am Academy of Dermatology, the researchers associated with McNeil, makers of the 1% OTC version of Nizoral Shampoo found that it had, as it has been shown for the 2% precription version, beneficial effects on Androgenetic Alopecia (MPB). In short they found that 1% Nizoral Shampoo reduced sebum emission, and increased hair shaft diameter (which decreases in MPB) after being used 2-3 times a week for a period of 6 months. They also found a percentage increase in the overall number of anagen hairs, which typically decreased overtime in MPB. By comparison they found Zinc Pyrithione Shampoo (Head and Shoulders) did not decrease sebum emission or increase hair shaft diameter, but did increase the overall number of anagen hairs as well. The decrease in sebum emission caused by 1% Nizoral Shampoo, seems to confirm its antiandrogenic action, which is though by most to be only one of the reasons it helps hair loss. .....2 to 3 days a week seems to be effective.

Thanks HelloVer... It's so confusing looking into those subjects as some ppl claim 2% is more effective and some ppl claim 1% is as effective and there are studies that support both sides.
    I actiually wanted to switch to regenepure because it has saw palmetto, caffeine, elo oil and other ingredients that could slightly help with blocking DHT but at the same time I'm afraid throwing so many things together might make it less effective or that 1% might be less effective.
    I found that Regenepure has a NT version that contains all ingredients as the DR version except the Keto and they claim that it is gentle and can be used as daily shampoo.
    So now I'm thinking to use Regenepure NT as my daily shampoo to get the benifts of the ingredients and use Nizorl 2% as my Keto shampoo once a week, what do you think of something like that ?