+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default should i do a HT fue method, need some edvive and help.

hi all,
    so im 27, i wanted to do a ht foa a year now, i went to three ht doctors, and i kinda liked one i would pick.
    The problem is she toled me i just need 1000grafts, im a bit sceptict, the other doctors toled me i need 2000 or the other one 700. and the prive is the same.
    I think i look horabke with my curent hairline.
    I think i am nw2 or nw3.
    So what is your opinion on the mw scale and should i go for the1000 geafts ht.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg

Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	42296   Click image for larger version

Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	42297   Click image for larger version

Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	42298   Click image for larger version

Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	42299  

no help?

Have you tried Finasteride, minoxodil, and Ketoconazole? If not, you should. While you probably won't grow back hair, you might, which would save you an unnecessary HT. That being said, you're going to lose more hair in the future if you do nothing, so you should get on those three drugs regardless to halt your loss. As for an HT, I am not a physician, but I don't think 1000 grafts would be enough to reconstruct your temples - you have significant recession.

tnx, yeah i knew 1000 grafts wont do the job, im thinking of shaving it all, i used monoxidil and im on vitamin and mineral drugs.

thx doctor, i went to three surgens, and all of them toled me an other story, its most like they just see patients as money, and to me its a big problem,i dont feel good in my own skin.
    I seen a doctor in one clinic that sugested i do 1000grafts, not to lower my hairline but to make my frontal hairline more natural looking.
    I would like to go with them on my ht but im afraid that it will look unatural and will give me a more bigger problem.

I've thought about getting a HT to fix my hairline too, but we are so close to having new treatments coming out, and swiss is having great results with PGE2. I just don't want to get an unnatural looking hairline and a scar on the back of my head then have the cure come out six months later. I would hold off on making a decision until after the hair congress this month. I'm expecting to learn a great deal about upcoming treatment options. After that you can at least make a more informed decision.

Inactive

It's not uncommon to get different estimates from different doctors. Each doctor has their own approach - some are more conservative with their approach, some are more aggressive, etc.

What's important is not only knowing how many grafts they suggest and where to place them - but why they think that's the best course of action as well. For example, if your miniaturization levels are pretty high and you seem likely to continue balding to a much higher NW level, then a lower number and a higher hairline may be the best solution for you - especially if your donor isn't ideal. I would find out why and how they each came up with the estimate they did. You want to think longterm, and maybe lowering your hairline too significantly isn't the best idea if your donor and overall state of your hair loss isn't optimal.

What's more strange to me is that you say the price is the same for all estimates. That doesn't make any sense to me, as you should be getting charged per graft - thus the more grafts you get, the higher the price (and vice versa).

Above all else, make sure you're meeting with top notch, qualified surgeons with a proven track record of success.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Yes the price is prety much the same , i am from europe. I rly want to do my hairline but with a natural look, not to lower my hairline. btw my fatheris 60 years old and has the same hairline like me.
    Im 27 and my hairline desorts my faceal look, i just want to pach up my frontal recesion a bit but with a natural look.

Consult with docs that are skilled in the art of facial framing. I dont think 1000 grafts wouldve enough. Be wary of extremely high density in recipient zones. If you need 2000 grafts, it would be wise to break the procedure apart. Definitely evaluate a surgeons surgical protocol. Make sure a well experience doctor does tge surgical aspects of surgery (possibly including donor extractions). Get a couple of consults from all kinds of docs. My advice is to get at least 10 consults to gelp you guage how much you need. Good luck.

My doner area is good, i have thich hait, no balding in my temple area, well i thot 1000 grafts is litle