+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by topback View Post
    I have a physical disability not depression. And I'm hoping that treating it will stop more hair loss and help me respond better to treatments.
    It won't. It has nothing to do with your hair loss which is in 99.9% of cases 100% genetic.

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    It won't. It has nothing to do with your hair loss which is in 99.9% of cases 100% genetic.
    Then why does everyone say mpb is related to health. Your hair situation sucks but I'm not saying its your personal fault.

Then why does everyone say mpb is related to health. Your hair situation sucks but I'm not saying its your personal fault.
    No one says that! Quite the opposite in fact.

Male pattern baldness really has nothing to do with your health. It just depends on your genes with which you are born with.

Oh maybe its just me then. I even knew one guy that said his hairline started receding and he got a really bad surgery and it made him thin like crazy because of the impact of the surgery.

Oh maybe its just me then. I even knew one guy that said his hairline started receding and he got a really bad surgery and it made him thin like crazy because of the impact of the surgery.
    It would have thinned without the surgery.

I think the point here is being missed. Chronic stress emotional or physical CAN cause hair loss... it's not about your ability to lose it, it's your inability to grow it back. Any physiological stress significant enough can cause TE. I've literally had this 3 times. I LOST 300 HAIRS A DAY. Did I go completely bald, no... but it sure as hell threw me five years into the future because of my inability to grow it back, especially in the MPB prone areas. A girl I dated last year had just had a baby (not mine)... she also had TE (very common after pregnancy), like clock work, 3 months after was losing TONS of hair... but after two months, she had all these short 2 inch hairs growing out of her hair line like a pea****. So, Fred's right, it would have thinned without a surgery, it just thins MUCH quicker with one.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    I think the point here is being missed. Chronic stress emotional or physical CAN cause hair loss... it's not about your ability to lose it, it's your inability to grow it back. Any physiological stress significant enough can cause TE. I've literally had this 3 times. I LOST 300 HAIRS A DAY. Did I go completely bald, no... but it sure as hell threw me five years into the future because of my inability to grow it back, especially in the MPB prone areas. A girl I dated last year had just had a baby (not mine)... she also had TE (very common after pregnancy), like clock work, 3 months after was losing TONS of hair... but after two months, she had all these short 2 inch hairs growing out of her hair line like a pea****. So, Fred's right, it would have thinned without a surgery, it just thins MUCH quicker with one.
    I don't know why BTT just edited the pea****... as in the bird. haha