+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Hi, There are many symptoms of anxiety that seem to become self-fulfilling reasons for hair loss. There are several factors likely stress, mental stability and many more. There are several conditions which mentioned and cause for hair loss like one of the vital reason as it is stress which can have multiple conditions that lead to hair loss. These include:
    • Alopecia Areata – In this condition, sudden loss of large clumps of hair in areas around your scalp area.
    • Telogen Effluvium - This is a condition where more hairs than normal prepare to fall out.
    • Trichotillomania - This is a habitual condition caused by stress and anxiety where the person pulls out hairs without realizing it.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

There was a member here that had stated that stress does not cause hair loss.
    HOPEFULLY he will learn from the rest of us here !

It certainly IS factual data on what stress/anxiety/depression WILL do to ones hairline...

I did experience my own hairloss partially due to STRESS and depression many years ago now.
    There would be no reason to not to consider common-sense/objective advice and facts here, especially for the very young.

Hi, topback. I believe that Anxiety is a form of emotional stress, and stress can certainly cause hair loss.

To correctly tell whether you are experiencing hair loss you could take a photo today and then again in a couple of weeks and compare the difference. But on topic, stress can cause hair loss in multiple ways either due to you basically pulling your hair out (I would call this more physical stress), or it can cause your hair follicles to temporally stop due to changes at a hormonal level.

Source: https://fegates.com/3-ways-in-which-...use-hair-loss/

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    There was a member here that had stated that stress does not cause hair loss.
    HOPEFULLY he will learn from the rest of us here !

It certainly IS factual data on what stress/anxiety/depression WILL do to ones hairline...

I did experience my own hairloss partially due to STRESS and depression many years ago now.
    There would be no reason to not to consider common-sense/objective advice and facts here, especially for the very young.
    So it's our fault if we lose our hair, because we're stressed and depressed? That will make the members feel better.

IMO no. Nothing you do short of taking steroids or pulling your hair out would ever really cause MPB to change its course over the years. Im also not a believer that diet or nutrients really changes MPB either. Maybe something could cause your hair to grow a little faster or whatever but the actual process of miniaturization over many hair cycles will happen regardless.
    Androgens are still the most proven theory with actual real world results so I will say that is what its all about. If diet/stress or something could alter androgen levels than I might believe it does something.

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    IMO no. but the actual process of miniaturization over many hair cycles will happen regardless.
    What if you're creating an enhanced sensitivity to dht with poor health, chronic stress, or illness?

In theory you could start balding at twenty when it could have been forty instead.

Quote Originally Posted by topback View Post
    What if you're creating an enhanced sensitivity to dht with poor health, chronic stress, or illness?

In theory you could start balding at twenty when it could have been forty instead.
    I started balding at 16 and reached a slick NW5 at 22. Thank you for assuming it was my fault.

This is pure nonsense. Stress has no influence on male pattern baldness, at all.

Twins always bald at the same rate. Are you saying they stress at the same time? Eat poorly at the same time? Get ill at the same time?

Stop blaming hair loss sufferers for their condition. It's 100% genetic and that's not even up for debate.

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    I started balding at 16 and reached a slick NW5 at 22. Thank you for assuming it was my fault.

This is pure nonsense. Stress has no influence on male pattern baldness, at all.

Twins always bald at the same rate. Are you saying they stress at the same time? Eat poorly at the same time? Get ill at the same time?

Stop blaming hair loss sufferers for their condition. It's 100% genetic and that's not even up for debate.
    Idk about you but I feel sick and shitty all the time and I'm getting checked by a doctor and I think it contributed to my hair loss. My friend said his entire moms side started balding in their 20s and he has a perfect hairline. All my relatives and grandparents have hair but I have a bald dad and one bald uncle.

Quote Originally Posted by topback View Post
    Idk about you but I feel sick and shitty all the time and I'm getting checked by a doctor and I think it contributed to my hair loss. My friend said his entire moms side started balding in their 20s and he has a perfect hairline. All my relatives and grandparents have hair but I have a bald dad and one bald uncle.
    Well you think wrong. Again, why would you put this on us? We don't need that sh*t, it's already hard enough like this.

You're just trying to reassure yourself, you want to think maybe you have a way out if you stop being depressed.

Ain't gonna happen. Don't stay in the denial phase too long, as it can cost you a lot of hair that you will never get back.

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    Well you think wrong. Again, why would you put this on us? We don't need that sh*t, it's already hard enough like this.

You're just trying to reassure yourself, you want to think maybe you have a way out if you stop being depressed.

Ain't gonna happen. Don't stay in the denial phase too long, as it can cost you a lot of hair that you will never get back.
    I have a physical disability not depression. And I'm hoping that treating it will stop more hair loss and help me respond better to treatments.