+ Reply to Thread

Default Am I expecting too much?

I am 24 years old, thinning since I was 21, noticable at 22 yrs 6 months of age.
    I shaved it at 23, and carried it for six months. In that time... I got lots and lots of negative comments from people.

So nine months ago, I started using minoxidil. To try it out I used it ONLY on my temples where my hairline had receded.

Now, NINE MONTHS later, I have a hairline that has actually advanced!! I wish I usd it all over my head.
    My situation is that the hair on my hairline is very thin. So thin that I can't keep my hair longer than 1mm. I have just now started using over the top of my head, which is very thin now.

Is it too much to expect that my hairline might grow fuller, with thicker hair in the coming months? I don't care if it takes long, but can I expect to see any results?

The idea of finasteride scares the lights out of me.

Dr. Rashid, the hair on my head looks somewhat like yours in the picture , only with my hairline slightly drawn back....

Bu the hair on my sides are very thick, so it still gives the thinning hair away. Would you recommend that I stay on minoxidil for a few more months?
    And is there any treatment I should look into?

Finasteride is really scary because of its effect on the prostrate, and the way I see it, it is better to go bald than to risk getting cancer.
    Would like to hear your thoughts please

Thank you for your quick replies doctor.
    I will definitely see a local dermatologist.

Please help me with one more thing.

I am distrustful of commercial houses. As you know, cigarettes are "approved for sale" even though the effects are terrible.
    Similarly, I feel finasteride is dangerous.

How much correct am I in my fears? If it has no side effects in six months or say one year, what are the possibilities of prostrate/breast cancer development, and other sexual side effects over the longer term.
    You see, if I don't use it now, in future it won't help!