a bit confused help? - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default a bit confused help?

Hi all,

first time posting on this site, though i have been browsing the forums for quite some time. I am 27 years old and have been looking at getting an fue hair transplant to fix/fill in my hairline. I definitely wouldn't say my hairloss is fast though i am starting to notice it more and am quite self conscious about it and am sick of using caboki every day to mask it. I have finally started taking finasteride after quite a bit of thought and have been on it just over 2 weeks now at .5mg ed. I am from Australia and haven't really seen a lot of reputable surgeons from hair with great results etc. I am thinking i will go to turkey to either Dr Koray or Dr Doganay because i am quite impressed with their work. I have heard Dr koray might over compensate in the grafts to be safe? i was quoted 3200 from dr koray which would be 65grafts per cm2 i questioned asking if this was to much as i compared to other patients which i thought had a greater amount of hairloss and got less grafts with great results. I was then told that i could get 2800 grafts at 50-55cm2 which still seemed like a lot to me. I consulted with Dr Doganay and was told id need 1800grafts at 45-50cm2. This seems like quite a big difference of grafts needed between surgeons?? I have added some pictures to hopefully get some feedback as to what you guys/girls think of the matter. I was just wondering other peoples experience with these 2 surgeons and which you would recommend. Dr doganay is .5 euros cheaper per graft and also includes food, accommodation, transport, prp(i think) and after care, whereas Dr Koray doesn't?
    I appreciate any feedback.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6656.jpg

Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	42140Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6651.jpg

Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	42141Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6655.jpg

Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	42142Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6657.jpg

Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	42143Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6675.jpg

Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	42144

Stay on the Finasteride and see what happens in a year. You have no crown loss and good donor hair it seems. Whats the rush? At 27 the longer you put off a transplant the better. I know you're tired of masking it but you're way better off waiting a year or 2 (or even longer). The fin might be able to thicken what you have and maybe even get you a few hairs back. Give it time to work and be grateful that you have no crown loss and quite a bit of hair already.

Thanks for your response calid, I know my hair could be much worse, I am grateful for what I do have and definitely feel for the guys that have it much worse. The reason why I want it done so badly is because i want to enjoy my youth and not have to worry about it, it's all I think about, it depresses me and I'm constantly checking it. I am well aware I will probably need another one in the future which is ok. I just feel like I can't do anything these days because I'm worried it will wreck the masking. I am hoping to repair it and hopefully maintain with finasteride.

I also believe that there is still time before considering a hair transplant. Just make the best use of existing treatments that have proven to give results to a lot of people like Finasteride or Minoxidil - especially if it is progressing at a slow speed.

In my opinion, getting a hair transplant now would be extremely premature -- like getting a facelift because you can see the beginning of your first wrinkle.