World Congress for Hair Research 2015 - BaldTruthTalk.com
Closed Thread

Default World Congress for Hair Research 2015

Hello,

Since the past couple of threads about the congress were closed due to violations of the forum TOS, I decided to open a new one to discuss the topics of the congress before and after the event.

There will be a few interesting presentations (I'm particular interested in hearing from Histogen) and for sure will be great to share our thoughts in the forum

I also became aware that hellouser is planning to attend and a few of us are contributing with him so he can make the trip

I won't be posting a link to make a contribution because I want to be respectful of BTT TOS but if Winston agrees in opening an exception I'll be happy to do so.

Let's hope this year we will get good news and less five years to market solutions!

It's shaping up to be a very interesting congress. The next couple months could really shake things up a lot. We have Allergan due to announce the results of the bimatoprost trial any time now. We should be hearing something about SM before long, which is a very interesting and different approach. Replicel said they hope to update us before the end of the year. Histogen is back from the dead, and will hopefully show us their progress in Miami. We might even get an update on CB. Things look like they are finally coming together. By January we might actually be able to look forward to entering the post finasteride/minoxidil era of treatment. Instead of wondering if anything is going to ever work, we will hopefully have solid info on when working treatments will come. That will make the waiting a lot easier, knowing that it's a sure thing and not just a possibility. Hopefully one or more of these treatments will be good enough to at least save the lower/middle norwoods until the cure comes in ten years.

Quote Originally Posted by efedrez View Post
    Hello,

Since the past couple of threads about the congress were closed due to violations of the forum TOS, I decided to open a new one to discuss the topics of the congress before and after the event.

There will be a few interesting presentations (I'm particular interested in hearing from Histogen) and for sure will be great to share our thoughts in the forum

I also became aware that hellouser is planning to attend and a few of us are contributing with him so he can make the trip

I won't be posting a link to make a contribution because I want to be respectful of BTT TOS but if Winston agrees in opening an exception I'll be happy to do so.

Let's hope this year we will get good news and less five years to market solutions!

so does this mean nobody from here will attend?

Quote Originally Posted by jjo View Post
    so does this mean nobody from here will attend?
    Hellouser will go but I think he is not posting / requesting contributions here due to the TOS of the forum.

I believe he will be sharing his findings here but it would be ideal to get BTT members to contribute as well with him

I will try to message Winston to see if he can open an exception and we can share the link to contribute with hellouser trip

Quote Originally Posted by efedrez View Post
    Hellouser will go but I think he is not posting / requesting contributions here due to the TOS of the forum.

I believe he will be sharing his findings here but it would be ideal to get BTT members to contribute as well with him

I will try to message Winston to see if he can open an exception and we can share the link to contribute with hellouser trip
    He has a gofundme up now.

It's pathetic that only 16 have chipped in funds.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    He has a gofundme up now.

It's pathetic that only 16 have chipped in funds.

Honestly he shouldn't go for the selfish people in this forum everything about the findings will be released by the respective companies soon after anyways...

Quote Originally Posted by ShookOnes View Post
    Honestly he shouldn't go for the selfish people in this forum everything about the findings will be released by the respective companies soon after anyways...

So don't read anything when he posts it.

Quote Originally Posted by Renee View Post
    So don't read anything when he posts it.
    no son free readings at no expense

Arrow

Dear efedrez,

We have made special accommodations for all threads pertaining to this topic. Since all members must first agree to our Forum Posting Rules & Terms of Service when signing up for membership, you are aware that solicitation of funds for any means is a direct violation of our TOS. However, since things were conducted in such a respectful and productive manner last year, an exception to our policy was once again made this year.

Unfortunately, some users have chosen to completely disregard our posting policies. As per our TOS your post and this thread will now be removed. Since it appears that your efforts are sincere, your account will not be placed into moderation at this time.

It's unfortunate that that there are those who frequent these forums who exhibit the type of behavior and lack of self control that forces us to have to make these decisions. Last year's fundraising effort was extremely effective and Desmond did a wonderful job for the community.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter.