+ Reply to Thread

Default Advice on Thyroid, DUPA, Bald Spots please

After been a Lurker for a few months and since my hairloss is getting a lot worse thought i'd see if anybody had any advice since the situation is getting worse.

I started losing my hair when i was about 31, mostly in a diffuse pattern and slow frontal/temple pattern. Went to see a doctor and she said i have either premature balding/ scalp psoriasis, got given keto shampoo and quick blood tests told i was ok. Its been getting worse since. Anyway last year had family tragedy. My hairloss worsened and i ended up with depression. April this year decided to go to the doctors. This time the doctor took me serious because worst symptoms and gave me blood tests. Got an emergency call saying i had extremely bad hypotyhroidism, turns out its been like that for good 2/3 years. Got put on 50mg lexo for 3 months, got told to up the dose to 100mg last week.

My hair seems critical now with DUPA and bald spots appearing all over my scalp esp at the back, does seem red n imflammed as well but not much itchy. Is this common in Hypo and reversible? One Doctor didn't check my scalp and when i asked for a biopsy the other told me to wait till the lexo kicks in but its got worse in the last 3 months.

The back
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0039.jpg

Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	42100  

To improve thyroid function and force it to produce the hormones you need takes good nutrition and exercise. Foods with sugar should be avoided at all costs! A balanced diet with greens and meat is the 1st step you should take. And eating Pineapple before going to bed boosts thyroid function.
    Here's a little trick to boost thyroid function with exercise. When you wake up in the morning go for a run. Running at full speed for 30 seconds then jog(resting) and sprint again for 30 seconds when ready. Repeat that 8 times. After your run don't eat anything for at least an hour and when you do eat make sure its protein, not carbs. What this does is FORCE the thyroid to pump out the hormones your body needs. It does this because your body is in desperate need of energy but your stomach is empty. The only place the body can get energy quickly is from the thyroid gland pumping out HGH and other hormones. Carbs will shut the Thyroid down because carbs can quickly be turned to energy where protein takes time to breakdown and digest.
    Then there's always pills you can swallow to boost thyroid function. But then you'll be dependent on drugs and won't be fixing the problem.
    The exercise will also help with the depression and you'll look better too.

Good luck. Hope things work out for you!

Thanks for the advice Vic will bare it in mind for when i do get on top of it. I get my treatment free for life on the NHS because they class it as life saving drugs. With the doctor saying my results was the worst he has seen think its best if i stay on the drug one till it stabilizes. Not sure about some greens, was told Kale makes it worse when i was a kale diet. Same with strawberries and Soy. How easy is the Hairloss issues resolved with Hypo? Looking on the net most of the info is foggy or people don't follow up with publishing results

Quote Originally Posted by HelloVera View Post
    Thanks for the advice Vic will bare it in mind for when i do get on top of it. I get my treatment free for life on the NHS because they class it as life saving drugs. With the doctor saying my results was the worst he has seen think its best if i stay on the drug one till it stabilizes. Not sure about some greens, was told Kale makes it worse when i was a kale diet. Same with strawberries and Soy. How easy is the Hairloss issues resolved with Hypo? Looking on the net most of the info is foggy or people don't follow up with publishing results
    Recovery after a health issue isn't very clear. Some experience full recovery when the health issue is resolved, some never recover, some recover portions. It's up in the air but the sooner the health issue is resolved the better the chances are of recovery.

Good luck bud

Thanks mate. Due more Thyroid tests in a couple weeks and went to the doctor yesterday, she told me my hair-loss was 'fungus' related and i should try Keto shampoo, even though she never examined me (was using Nizoral shampoo before but it made me shed like mad and no regrowth) . So when i looked at her gone out she said 'your not convinced are you' i said 'not really because those spots look like alopicia and don't want to come back in a few months with giant bald spots on my scalp to be told its Scarring Alopicia after, it has run in my family' she offered me a dermo appointment after that. Think some doctors just roll off lines they have read in a book.

They sure do! When I went to a dermo she said hi, told me to use rogaine and started walking out of the room. I had to stop her from leaving and told her I wanted to know what caused my hair loss, I didn't come to see her and pay $$$ just to be told what A commercial on TV can tell me.
    Doctors are a hit and miss. Some care, some are just mindless book worms who repeat what they've read or are paid to push Big Pharma's drugs.

Wow didn't she even explain the pro's and cons? Still reeling from years ago when the first doctor i saw dismissed me, admittedly i had pretty decent coverage but could tell i was losing too much hair on the sides and nape. Could have smashed the Doctors surgery up when they came out with 'you're blood tests show you have real bad Hypothyroid...you must have had it for a long time, a couple of years even' . What do you think of EPO supplements to counter the lexo medication DHT side effects? Have heard about it from several Thyroid threads but mostly women sufferers.

Quote Originally Posted by HelloVera View Post
    After been a Lurker for a few months and since my hairloss is getting a lot worse thought i'd see if anybody had any advice since the situation is getting worse.

I started losing my hair when i was about 31, mostly in a diffuse pattern and slow frontal/temple pattern. Went to see a doctor and she said i have either premature balding/ scalp psoriasis, got given keto shampoo and quick blood tests told i was ok. Its been getting worse since. Anyway last year had family tragedy. My hairloss worsened and i ended up with depression. April this year decided to go to the doctors. This time the doctor took me serious because worst symptoms and gave me blood tests. Got an emergency call saying i had extremely bad hypotyhroidism, turns out its been like that for good 2/3 years. Got put on 50mg lexo for 3 months, got told to up the dose to 100mg last week.

My hair seems critical now with DUPA and bald spots appearing all over my scalp esp at the back, does seem red n imflammed as well but not much itchy. Is this common in Hypo and reversible? One Doctor didn't check my scalp and when i asked for a biopsy the other told me to wait till the lexo kicks in but its got worse in the last 3 months.
    Mix the cream every evening to DUPA even clean hair ACNELYSE HİPOKORT AZALDERM NİZORAL CREAMS 60 ML ZETRİZİN 20ML dmso