Shedding hair : Hair loss or breakage?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HelloVera
    • Oct 2015

Could be normal shedding if the hairloss isn't real bad and the hair's are been replaced. Can't tell without pictures i'm afraid, a lot of people worry about hairloss when sometimes they don't need to and its just slightly maturing. if it was due to Rubbing you would have patches

Comment

• HelloVera
      • Oct 2015

22 is normal imo, don't forget hair drops any time so sometimes you don't notice unless it's on the pillow or on clothes. So the ones that you gather on your fingers could be ones that would have dropped natural or when you normally brush your hair

Comment

• indian18
        • Apr 2015

I am sorry. I might have phrased my 'rubbing' statement wrongly. All I wanted to say was that when I ran my fingers through all over my scalp very vigorously when it was wet, I found 22 hairs. Also, yesterday morning i found 2 hairs on my white pillow and they were both of the same thickness.

Okay I understand you are saying it is normal right?

So are there any future preventions I could do?

I have started taking care of my hair again : oil application and keto shampoo hair wash 2 or 3 times a week. Is that enough?

Comment

• HelloVera
          • Oct 2015

tbh 2 hairs isn't a lot and thick ones could be a good sign if they aren't getting thinner. Don't rub your hair when it is wet, it'll shed easier. How long have you been on the Keto? My hair shed more on Nizoral, which could be either a good sign or bad. Hard to say with your age because you don't want to mess with your hormones too much. Best thing if it is really getting to you, just for the peace of mind see a doctor and have some tests done. Might not be anything and you are over analyzing

Comment

• Ohthehair
            • Oct 2014

rubbing your hair vigorously will cause hair to come out. 10,000 + hairs are in telogen phase at any given time. i.e ready to fall (resting). So rubbing your head/scalp hard will cause hair to come out. Even if they weren't the usual 100 or so hairs that would have fallen naturally during the day.

If your hair is breaking check that out. If you notice your hair is growing back finer/not at all. get that checked out. Otherwise, just monitor regrowth and if nothing seems to have changed in a few months. Continue with life.

Comment

Working...