+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

have you had any blood tests yet?

No. I must tell that hair falls only when I vigorously rub it. The length of my hair is about 5 inches. I have a feeling that's it's more like hair breakage. Because I didn't experience much fall when my hair was shorter.

One of the 1st things you should do is go for blood tests, i wasted 3 years of untreatable hairloss due to not been diagnosed with Hypothyroidism during that time. So rule out any hormones first, i got told strawberries, kale etc was good for hair...turns out if you suffer from thyroid troubles they can make things worse so diet can be a factor. Also you say rubbing causes it? if thats the case you should have patches where you only rub it hard

I don't have patches anywhere on my head. It's not Areata for sure. Besides the hairs are really thick and have no bulbs. Could it be normal shedding or acute telogen effluvium?

I've read that sudden mild to low moderate shedding can't be mpb. Besides I think I'm losing about 80-100 hairs now without meddling with my hair and most of these hairs don't have bulbs. But when yesterday when I wet my hair and ran through it vigorously with my hand for a minute 22 hairs fell and all were of the same thickness without bulbs except for maybe one or two but not more . that's well our of the mpb range right? Or no?

Could be normal shedding if the hairloss isn't real bad and the hair's are been replaced. Can't tell without pictures i'm afraid, a lot of people worry about hairloss when sometimes they don't need to and its just slightly maturing. if it was due to Rubbing you would have patches

22 is normal imo, don't forget hair drops any time so sometimes you don't notice unless it's on the pillow or on clothes. So the ones that you gather on your fingers could be ones that would have dropped natural or when you normally brush your hair

I am sorry. I might have phrased my 'rubbing' statement wrongly. All I wanted to say was that when I ran my fingers through all over my scalp very vigorously when it was wet, I found 22 hairs. Also, yesterday morning i found 2 hairs on my white pillow and they were both of the same thickness.

Okay I understand you are saying it is normal right?

So are there any future preventions I could do?

I have started taking care of my hair again : oil application and keto shampoo hair wash 2 or 3 times a week. Is that enough?

tbh 2 hairs isn't a lot and thick ones could be a good sign if they aren't getting thinner. Don't rub your hair when it is wet, it'll shed easier. How long have you been on the Keto? My hair shed more on Nizoral, which could be either a good sign or bad. Hard to say with your age because you don't want to mess with your hormones too much. Best thing if it is really getting to you, just for the peace of mind see a doctor and have some tests done. Might not be anything and you are over analyzing

rubbing your hair vigorously will cause hair to come out. 10,000 + hairs are in telogen phase at any given time. i.e ready to fall (resting). So rubbing your head/scalp hard will cause hair to come out. Even if they weren't the usual 100 or so hairs that would have fallen naturally during the day.

If your hair is breaking check that out. If you notice your hair is growing back finer/not at all. get that checked out. Otherwise, just monitor regrowth and if nothing seems to have changed in a few months. Continue with life.