+ Reply to Thread

Default Starting Treatment: How to get 0,25mg fin?

Hi guys,

I am losing faith in a non surgical solution arriving soon enough, so I decided to start a treatment that will at least preserve my hair for 3-5 years, when I hope science will bring us the ultimate cure and gives us a full head of air back. My thinning and falling has increased and I am starting to be really depressed about it, losing my confidence in my look too.

Desmond suggested to take 0,25mg of fin TWICE A WEEK to avoid any sides. Tha would be a good bridging option in his opinion. Since I am scared as hell of sides, specially for my fertility but libido too, I am willing to give it a try.

My question to you is what is the best way to use 0,25mg. Do I simply cut propecia in 4 with a pill cutter? will that affect the absorption? Any other recommendation?

Final question: will it be good to use rogain 5% foam too with that twice a week fin?

I look forward to hearing from you, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Aik82 View Post
    Hi guys,

I am losing faith in a non surgical solution arriving soon enough, so I decided to start a treatment that will at least preserve my hair for 3-5 years, when I hope science will bring us the ultimate cure and gives us a full head of air back. My thinning and falling has increased and I am starting to be really depressed about it, losing my confidence in my look too.

Desmond suggested to take 0,25mg of fin TWICE A WEEK to avoid any sides. Tha would be a good bridging option in his opinion. Since I am scared as hell of sides, specially for my fertility but libido too, I am willing to give it a try.

My question to you is what is the best way to use 0,25mg. Do I simply cut propecia in 4 with a pill cutter? will that affect the absorption? Any other recommendation?

Final question: will it be good to use rogain 5% foam too with that twice a week fin?

I look forward to hearing from you, guys.
    Why not take fin normally (1mg per day), if you get sides then lower the dose until they go. Despite what you read on forums, very very few men get sides from fin and if they do they are minimal and go away after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Rashid Rashid, MD, PhD View Post
    0.25mg is an interesting dose, you may want to talk to a physician in person about it.
    You have all my respect, yeas Finasteride could work but itīs not like any vitamin supplement, and the risks will always be there.

Any other advice?

please..