+ Reply to Thread

Default Close to the edge

At this point in my life I am miserable every time I look in the mirror. Currently 28 year old male, and have 2 brothers, and many male
    Cousins I am the only one going bald. It started when I was roughly 23 and I changed to a buzzed high fade 3 months before turning 26. I honestly feel like my spirit died that day, but my body is still alive . In high school life was very easy for me - popular , elite athlete , and good looking. Voted best looking my senior year in the entire school. Those traits carried over through college where jobs were offered and going out to clubs was a dream because my confidence matched my appearance . When I was 21 I was a waiter and I told my balding bar tender I was like Samson - my stength was in my hair and I'd never lose it. Sure enough I started balding and it changes me into a guy single guy who never goes out and sits on this forum 2 hours a day. We are all in the same boat - maybe it's the alcohol that finally made me type this but what the hell can i do at this point? A hair transplant ? I'm the worst kind of balding ( in my opinion) a diffuse thinner so even with a strong front hairline ( which has receded signicantly) im still thin all other areas of my head. Iskipped my 10 year reunion because if another person who hasn't seen me in a while asks what happened to my hair I'll jump off a building. I'm aware of propecIa, fin, minox. Maybe I need a psychologist

at LEAST half the guys I went to high school with are now bald or severly balding. Step 1) remember, you are NO MEANS alone. If someone asks you what happened to your hair then they are an asshole and you should probably respond with, "what are you stupid? it's called male pattern baldness" Step 2) you said you were the best looking in high school, so I seriously doubt a bald head would make you "ugly" or "hideous" ... in the eyes of others you are still very attractive. 3) try to find that confidence again in other things. You're an athlete? embrace it, that's bad ass. Dress nice, keep your head up.

I know ow much this sucks man, trust me. I had a very full head of hair two years ago. One hair transplant and now I am horrible diffuse all over and it just keeps getting worst, despite the finasteride... I have not gone a day without hair spray in 1.5 years. Now I have transplanted hair right in the front, only on one side and a scar across the back of my head... just because I made ONE stupid mistake and because some horrible, unethical HT doctor (who damn well knew this was a possibility) wanted to make a quick couple grand. You have to survive and try to make the best out of a really crappy situation. Somehow I have a beautiful, supportive girl friend now, who I HONESTLY think would stay with me, even if I showed up bald tomorrow. Every one has there "flaws", it's what makes us human...

would you be willing to post pics so we can see what you are dealing with ?

I just took pictures - some of front temple some of crown. Not sure how to upload them I'm looking now. Also James, what happened to you is the reason I posted , I don't know if I should get a transplant because I know hair will keep falling out. For some unknown reason my shedding has stopped drastically , I used to scratch my head in the shower and see numberius hairs or just sitting down I could reach to crown and pull out a few but the past 2 months they haven't been falling out. I usually just laugh when people make comments like just let your hair grow but inside it kills, we are in the same boat ! Ironically when I try to own it, my friends say I look like a skin head, it's a lose lose. Hopefully there is something that can really cure this , I believe it is a disease .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg

Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	42067   Click image for larger version

Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	42068   Click image for larger version

Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	42069   Click image for larger version

Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	42070   Click image for larger version

Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	42071  

What are you using now to maintain if anything ? Sucks you ran into a scumbag doctor who just wanted to make easy money