+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Terskikh- S&B soon with Takeda?

Terskikh will be the real competitor for Shiseido and regiencen, here's why:

-in march 2015, they were saying they needed 2 years before enter human trial because of tumorigenicity studies (5M) and build the commercializable protocol (1M)
    But that was before the 4/5 breakthroughs of the summer on safetiness protocol, that should really help his work and so also the timeline

-Just after their annouced achievement in begin 2015, there was so many comments on their official web page. And they had answered very few ones, maybe 5%, but choose to answer this particulary one from our colleague Hellouser:

"Thomas on February 4, 2015 10:25 pm

I would donate a lot of money ONLY if the clinical trials were done in Japan as regulations there allow for quick trials as well as a quick commercial release. USA and the FDA is a waste of time. We have one life to live and I am NOT willing to wait any longer for a treatment.

Reply 
    Patrick Bartosch on February 13, 2015 2:32 pm

Dear Thomas,

Thank you very much for your comment and your interest in our research. We’ll keep your contact details on file and be in touch once this moves to a stage where we can discuss clinical trials and next steps.

Best,
    Patrick Bartosch
    Manager, Communications
    Sanford-Burnham "

-In fact they won't have to search far if they plan japan :

Sanford Consortium for Regenerative Medicine and Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Innovation Alliance
    http://www.sanfordconsortium.org/inn...e-overview.htm

Through this partnership, basic and translational stem-cell research projects entailing novel and integrative concepts and methods will be identified and supported.

What is Sanford Consortium?
    n March 2006, the Burnham Biomedical Research Institute (subsequently renamed the Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute), the Salk Institute for Biological Studies, The Scripps Research Institute and the UC San Diego formed Sanford Consortium for Regenerative Medicine and adopted the mission of expanding collaborative stem cell research and translating discoveries into clinical therapies and cures.

What is Takeda Pharmaceutical? One of the biggest pharma Japenese company
    http://www.takeda.com/company/numbers/
    Takeda's net sales by region (Fiscal 2014)

Japan :
    553.2 billion yen

United States :
    394.9 billion yen

Europe and Canada :
    287.1 billion yen

Russia/CIS :
    79.5 billion yen

Latin America :
    80.1 billion yen

Asia :
    102.4 billion yen

Others :
    30.3 billion yen

Takeda is at the forefront of regenerative medecine research, with multiple alliances around the world, and with the Center for iPS Cell Research Application (CiRA) in japan and different jap universities

Innovation Alliance between Sanford Consortium and Takeda

Research project ideas can be proposed by Member Institution PI’s to Takeda Pharmaceuticals via submission of one or more concept proposals. Concept proposals should describe an innovative, collaborative project in the field of regenerative medicine. Proposals can be submitted using the following web form through October 15, 2015. Project concepts will be matched with Takeda scientists to form collaborative teams, and selected ideas will be further developed jointly by the Member Institution PI and their Takeda counterpart in a detailed project proposal due February 1, 2016.
    Eligibility

PI’s belonging to one of the following Member Institutions of the Sanford Consortium for Regenerative Medicine are eligible to submit concept proposals:

La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunology
    Salk Institute for Biological Studies
    Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute
    The Scripps Research Institute
    University of California, San Diego

Well Terskikh is no more a study concept proposal, they have something better to propose to Takeda

Well IMO it seems obvious that Takeda with Terskikh technology will fight Shiseido for the holygrail

So what does this all mean in short words? Seems to be awesome information but still 10 years away

If you had read me, I explain the points that make me speculate that Takeda could beat Shiseido2018

To correct myself, I said "one of the biggest", but based on Wikipedia, Takeda is THE biggest japenese pharma company in front of Shiseido.

Quote Originally Posted by lacazette View Post
    If you had read me, I explain the points that make me speculate that Takeda could beat Shiseido2018

To correct myself, I said "one of the biggest", but based on Wikipedia, Takeda is THE biggest japenese pharma company in front of Shiseido.

Cool, but is there any evidence that Terskikh is working with Takeda for the specific purpose of bringing their fancy follicles to market in Japan? If that were the case why would they bother keeping Hellouser's info on file so they can contact him for money?
    Takeda has plenty of money so if Takeda and Terskikh were working together to bring S & B follicles to market in Japan then Terskikh would not bother keeping Hellouser's info on file. It looks to me like Terkskikh intends to slow-walk S & B follicles through the system without a partner.

I really think that S & B lacks he chutzpah to move aggressively on their own discovery.

sounds amazing! so they already have one foot in japan's door. this could be a nice result.

and do i understand it right that people can propose ideas for research/products to them? if so, we should bombard them with a lot of proposals on hair follicle creation. when they receive hundrets and thousands of hairloss proposals, they will think about it more seriously. maybe they are already planning to turn the S&B iPS research into reality, but if not we could show them that there is a huge interest.

@Nameless. cause simply it's recent, the alliance innovation between Takeda and the sandford consortium institutes dated from june2015, and the presentation of this alliance was just in august

"Town Hall Meetings to explain the Innovation Alliance and the associated funding process will be held at the Sanford Consortium on Wednesday, August 26, 2015 at 10:00 a.m. and on Thursday, September 10, 2015 at 3:00 p.m. "
    http://www.sanfordconsortium.org/inn...e-overview.htm

And as you can see in their proposal process in this alliance, proposals of sandford institutes teams can be submitted through october 2015, then 'project concepts will be matched with Takeda scientists to form collaborative teams[/U], and selected ideas will be further developed jointly by the Member Institution PI and their Takeda counterpart in a detailed project proposal due February 1, 2016.

they are still not working together,but they are one finger away to the biggest japenese pharma now

Hey joachim, no this process of proprosal comes from the alliance innovation between the two, and only researchers from the 5 institutes of sandford consortium are eligible to propose concepts. It's not for lambda people^^ the term 'project proposal' here represent more concrete achievements/discoveries that could lead to something for Takeda business

Some quotes of the alliance
    " Specifically, translational research and proof-of-concepts research projects will be identified and generated with an ultimate goal of delivering innovative therapeutic products to patients.

“UC San Diego and Takeda share a common goal of disseminating discoveries to improve lives,” said Chancellor Pradeep K. Khosla. “By sharing our talent and resources, our alliance will propel our research and delivery, and ultimately increase our positive impact on our society.”

“This Innovation Alliance is a promising partnership that will help spark pioneering research and create new opportunities,” said Sandra A. Brown, vice chancellor for research at UC San Diego. “Our goal is to move the benefits of stem-cell and regenerative research from the lab bench to bedsides around the world.”

Teri Melese, assistant vice chancellor for Industry Alliances at UC San Diego, said the agreement encourages Takeda scientists and the Sanford Consortium members to both propose ideas for research projects, and promotes a rich collaborative effort.

“This partnership of the Consortium with Takeda builds upon the incredible research collaboration already in place between the member institutions, and working together will allow us to better understand and address key obstacles in bringing innovative and transformative therapies to patients,” said Melese.

We are long time away from having ips cells injected into our scalps to spur hair growth. Unless they use ips cells to grow terminal hair and then implant that hair into a bald scalp just like drs christiano's and Higgins recent paper where they cultured 3 types of ips cells and grew human skin equivalents. The solution will come from culturing inductive dermal papilla cells which a number of teams are close to solving!

Renee , Terskikh treatment could also enter the category " culturing inductive dermal papilla cells solution ", as he just use iPSCs to create NCs that finally become inductive DPs, and it is overcoming the differents pbms easily:no more induction pbm, aswell as the limited amount of DPs pbm, but also cheapness, time consuming, easiness, things like that
    When others use 3D scaffold,etc and differents protocol/technology etc to try to solve these problems

as I understood for a big resume ex:

- terskikh/ohyama/iPSCs kind of method solved the different problems easily, but safety have to be ensured

- other/3D/bio kind of method is safer, but the tools/protocols that would solved the mutliple problems are hardly to find and create

it's kind of reverse situation
    Well there's big progress in the two ways, so i don't know which will develop first but what i'm sure is that it's good to have different cure approachs ( not forget the wounding HF neogenesis too)

Just put this here:

there's a recent Alexey Terskikh patent issued : http://patents.justia.com/inventor/alexey-terskikh

"
    Methods for culture and production of single cell populations of human embryonic stem cells

Patent number: 9157061

Abstract: We used ACCUTASEŽ, a commercially available cell detachment solution, for single cell propagation of pluripotent hESCs. Unlike trypsin dissociation, ACCUTASEŽ treatment does not significantly affect the plating efficiency of hESC dissociation into single cells. Cultures dissociated with ACCUTASEŽ to single cells at each passage maintain a higher proportion of pluripotent cells as compared to collagenase-passaged hESCs. ACCUTASEŽ-treated hESCs can be grown to a high density as monolayers, and yet retain their pluripotency.

Type: Grant

Filed: June 20, 2011

Issued: October 13, 2015

Assignee: BURNHAM INSTITUTE FOR MEDICAL RESEARCH

Inventors: Alexey Terskikh, Ruchi Bajpai "

I search the other inventor studies by curiosity, and interestingly she is specialized in neural crest cells, but it's not that surprising as the terskikh's protocol consist of : "we directed human embryonic stem cells (hESCs) to generate first Neural Crest cells and then hair-inducing DP-like cells in culture."

And one thing, as you see in the link, for the same patent protocol, the grant type was issued in October 2015, and the application type in june 2015

Don't know what it means, if someone know what are the differences