+ Reply to Thread

Default loreal serioxyl Vs loreal nenogenic ?

loreal serioxyl Vs loreal nenogenic ?

What's the difference ?

Not much thechamp. The active ingredient in both products is stemoxydine 5%. Stemoxydine is a compound that modulates HIF-1A activity. It creates a more hypoxic state for the hair follicle (create a lower oxygen state). The ephithelial compartment of a healthy hair follicle is severely hypoxic. It is hypothesized that this low oxygen state of the hair follicle is crucial for maintenance and protection of the stem cell reservoirs in the hair follicle.

So they both have the same concentration of the active ingredient. However I see that serioxyl contains some other ingredients too? Don't know what they do to be honest, seem to be anti-oxidants or something.

Just get any of these products containing 5% Stemox. Neogenic is criminally expensive compared to some of the alternatives with the same active ingredient.

There are cheap alternative from other well know brand like garnier, i've seen 90ml with 5% stemo 10 euro, i don't know if it's something that can help somehow or a complete waste of time and money

There are a couple of publications, nothing too serious, i guess i will put 20-30€ for 6 months to help fina, i don't want to use minox right now

just an update,i bought the cheap garnier one, it's like using an apple juice on the head from the smell, i never applied a topical over my head and use only 0.5 fina, with this on my head i need to shampoo every morning or i will look a shit, i usually shampoo every 2 days so my scalp can rest from nizoral... most likely i will use it only on my hairline and 3-4 days a week on my vertex ( i'm an early nw3 diffuse), i have lot of pics if something happen on my vellus, my guess this stuff is like nizoral, no real evidence it works alone but maybe it can help real treatment

Just bought Garnier Frucits, 6 bottles x 84 ml for €56.94 from Amazon.de
    €44.07 shipped free to Germany but I used a German shipping service who forwarded it on to me which cost €12.87
    So €56.94 / 504ml = 0.11c per ml

Neogenic costs me €68.97 + €9.90 shipping, total €78.87.
    28 small bottles @ 6ml per bottle
    So €78.87 / 128ml = 0.62 per ml

That's over 5 times more expensive.

I normally mix 3 days worth of RU (120mg) into the Neogenic Bottle and use 2ml per day.
    Takes about a minute of shaking for the RU to dissolve.

I've tested RU + Fructis and it mixes just as easily.

Does have a scent - fruit and dries quickly - might give the Neogenic the edge here and it has no scent and dries a bit faster.

Pic of bottle, each marking is for 6ml so 14 markings = 84ml, ie 6ml per day = 2 weeks.

Is there a "shelf life" / "best if used by" / half life for neogenic? I only ask because I'm using some that i purchased in Q1 of this year. Also, what i buy on Amazon comes from EUR (which takes weeks) and it may have already been sitting on shelves for many months ahead of that (no way of knowing).

It's the same product. L'Oreal changed the name to try to scam new people since there were countless reviews saying Neogenic was a scam.