+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PongLenis View Post
    Isn't that kind of a backwards statement, if its possibly something then its definitely worth taking a further look at, not like there is a bunch of other stuff coming any time soon.
    There are some tiny vellus hairs there which appear to be new. However, it's not impressive enough to warrant further attention. So no, it's not a backwards statement.

If these new weak hairs actually exist, I'd call that something encouraging... so... add another ingredient?

Quote Originally Posted by Hubris View Post
    There are some tiny vellus hairs there which appear to be new. However, it's not impressive enough to warrant further attention. So no, it's not a backwards statement.
    Fair enough, i don't know much about hair loss tbh, but at the 5 month mark there are small hairs popping up all over his temple, whether or not these would fully mature we don't know since he past away. But i think to discredit it all together is kind of silly since this board is created to discuss possibilities like this. Maybe follicept has a decent treatment, maybe not, maybe they are a small piece away. Just food for thought

Quote Originally Posted by PongLenis View Post
    Fair enough, i don't know much about hair loss tbh, but at the 5 month mark there are small hairs popping up all over his temple, whether or not these would fully mature we don't know since he past away. But i think to discredit it all together is kind of silly since this board is created to discuss possibilities like this. Maybe follicept has a decent treatment, maybe not, maybe they are a small piece away. Just food for thought
    We can currently see better results with derma rolling or by clicking on someone's blog. Nothing to be excited about I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubris View Post
    We can currently see better results with derma rolling or by clicking on someone's blog. Nothing to be excited about I'm afraid.
    Agreed. If you have to inspect it that closely after this much time to see if it is working, it is not working.

Quote Originally Posted by unbalding View Post
    Agreed. If you have to inspect it that closely after this much time to see if it is working, it is not working.
    I dont agree, if the product was starting to work, and these were the start of regrowth then it could possibly be something. To say these hairs are too small to be regrowth doesn't make sense, they have to start that small in order to grow bigger haha. But i see your guys points, not enough regrowth to really get excited about, i just thought it was interesting.

I'm curious as to why everyone is so negative about this. Promising or not the whole Follicept thing is extremely curious to me. One day it was around giving regular updates - the next day literally nobody is talking about it. I understand that that could be because it simply did not work - but doesn't it deserve more testing?

Quote Originally Posted by BoromirWasHere View Post
    I'm curious as to why everyone is so negative about this. Promising or not the whole Follicept thing is extremely curious to me. One day it was around giving regular updates - the next day literally nobody is talking about it. I understand that that could be because it simply did not work - but doesn't it deserve more testing?
    Here you go; http://www.imediway.com/#!treatments/cee5. IGF-1 is in the formulation, let us know how much hair you grow.

I think follicept lost any momentum it had for a few reasons. First: the posters on this forum have seen a lot of potential treatments fail so they don't get easily excited like me or you who are new to this forum. Second: even though I believe the people at follicept are honest and are trying to help fight hair loss I haveto admit that the way they were going about their trials was unprofessional and so they were labeled as a scam by many. People on this forum have seen many snake oil treatments over the years so I don't blame them for calling it like they saw it. Lastly: Devon grimme was the driving force behind follicept and sadly he passed away while they were conducting that small set of trials. I think he was the one really pushing it because after he passed away follicept came to a halt.

Quote Originally Posted by BoromirWasHere View Post
    As far as your question about negativity goes, this was also something I couldn't figure out as well, I suppose I take my hair loss pretty lightly because I look good with a shaved head so I guess I'm lucky in that regard but I think a lot of posters on here are genuinely suffering from their hair loss and so there's a lot of bitterness and resentment around here and it shows through a lot of posts. I was surprised when I started asking general questions about follicept on this forum and people would mock me more then they would give me constructive responses.