+ Reply to Thread

Default Hey guys,23 year old heavy diffuser

Hey guys, I just registered on this site to look for help and advice and to exchange my pictures if it helps. I have been losing hair in a diffuse NW5 pattern since I was 18. When I was 19 I hopped on .5mg propecia EOD nizoral shampoo and at 20 went on rogaine once a day. This actually helped me regrow quite a bit for a time but after scaring myself of propecia sides (mostly the mental and emotional brain fog) and a lower sex drive, I went on very low doses and quit. I continued with the rogaine and also played with topical spiro. At 21 because of my decision I eventually lost ground to the point I had to shave my head at a #1 or #2. At 22 I was back on rogaine and propecia again, this time taking the full dose everyday and not actually getting any side effects, at all. I was also getting much less results, probably maintenance or slowing. At this time I also added Dutasteride once to twice a week, still not getting much sides but also not much results. I did this until this summer, when I went on Dut 3x a week, no propecia, along with rogaine and spiro. Now my hair loss is visible at a #1 shave almost, which really sucks. Not much sides but I get depressed at how severe my hairloss is. Sometimes it does seem my hair gets a bit better or darker at least with every other shave.

Now what I want help with is, for a severe diffuse who refuses to be slick bald in his 20s (I'm okay with being slick bald in my 30s), what is my best option? Hair transplant?Microscalp pigmentation?Hair piece? I'm open to anything as long as its cost efficient since I'm not on a high budget. Thank you for your precious time, I'm so glad there are places to talk about this on the internet.

First of all, let me say I'm sorry you have to go through this at a young age. I turn 25 next week and I feel your pain brother.

If regular treatments are failing you, I.e the big 3, then it's time to either try experimentals or to save for a hair transplant.

Some people will say a hair transplant is a waste of money while you're so young but in truth, for some you can't put a price on being at peace with how you look throughout your 20's.

Whatever you choose, be confident, be defiant and never give up.

Quote Originally Posted by Not giving up View Post
    First of all, let me say I'm sorry you have to go through this at a young age. I turn 25 next week and I feel your pain brother.

If regular treatments are failing you, I.e the big 3, then it's time to either try experimentals or to save for a hair transplant.

Some people will say a hair transplant is a waste of money while you're so young but in truth, for some you can't put a price on being at peace with how you look throughout your 20's.

Whatever you choose, be confident, be defiant and never give up.
    Well I think the big three are at least slowing my hairloss down or maintaining, because sometimes every other week my hair looks a bit better and other times a bit worse for some reason. But yeah thanks man, without these treatments I would most definitely be cue bald already by now. But if anyone could give some other options or advice that would be great?