+ Reply to Thread

Default Should I Get an HT?

Hey guys,

So I'm 26 with pretty significant hair loss already. It's gotten to the point that I don't like to leave my house without a hat. I still have some native hair in the front, but it's clearly going.

I'm thinking of scheduling an appt with a well-regarded HT surgeon here in NY 2 months from now, and just started taking propecia. I know I'll be in for multiple transplants over the course of the next several yrs.

I lack any confidence whatsoever right now, struggle with dating, etc. Balding is really destroying my life to be honest.

But am I too young? Am I going to regret getting the HT done so early on?

Thanks guys,
    RL

I'd hold off as long as possible and see what effect propecia has first.

Quote Originally Posted by allTheGoodNamesAreTaken View Post
    I'd hold off as long as possible and see what effect propecia has first.
    I never like reading about young guys having social anxieties and issues because of hair loss. I agree that you should hold off for as long as possible and avoid surgery but it is a worthwhile endeavor to have a consultation with an IAHRS doctor. Just try not to look at any encouraging comments as motivation to actually have surgery because there are no guarantees that surgery will make you happy, regardless of who it is that performs your procedure. The last thing you want, especially since you are already so down, is to be in a worse position because of any decisions made out of desperation. A good doctor will identify this after speaking with you and hopefully will help you make the right decision.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Seriously approach the whole thing cautiously. If you plan on having it, before you pay any deposits, have the docs clinic send you all surgical consent forms to review and or any arbitration agreements so you can examine what you are about to get into. Some docs actually give you such forms to review before deposits l, while some may have you review forms after deposits and only on the day of your surgery.

Proceed with caution and also analyze a surgeons surgical protocol. Will they work on multiple patients or only focus on you the day of your surgery? Will techs do surgical extractions and incisions or will the doc do these things? How much are techs involved in your surgery and will the doctor leave you alone woth them? Are you paying for the doctor to work on you or mostly his staff? How many numerical years does the tech have experience in a particular procedure, whether FUE or FUT? There are loads of questions you need to ask because not all clinics and doctors operate the same way.

Some docs may give you that personalized surgica service while some may rely it to their techs to work on you and those techs will have different levels of experiences. Iso, ask these things when and if you decide to proceed because you need to think about your safety.

I would definitely not jump into this at all.