+ Reply to Thread

Default If dutasteride blocks so much DHT, why would anyone still opt for hair transplant?

If dutasteride blocks so much DHT, why would anyone still opt for hair transplant? I mean, to those who opt for hair transplant, is that because fin/dut don't work?

I'm taking dut and had a large shed, I'm still taking dut, hoping and waiting for the hair that shaded to come back stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldingHelpMe View Post
    If dutasteride blocks so much DHT, why would anyone still opt for hair transplant? I mean, to those who opt for hair transplant, is that because fin/dut don't work?

I'm taking dut and had a large shed, I'm still taking dut, hoping and waiting for the hair that shaded to come back stronger.
    Itīs an ongoing beneficial cycle for all parties involved.
    Donīt get me wrong because itīs a job for them like every other ones to gain money, but the thing that bothers me the most is that they play with our health, and not make us think otherwise because itīs an artificial procedure and not for you well being.

Well, to assume that DHT is the only factor in hair loss and that DUT and Finasteride work for EVERYONE is a pretty big mistake. It is a reality that a larger percentage of people than stated in the merck study respond poorly or not at all to these medications. Additionally, there are a variety of side effects that are not entirely accounted for. This is coming from some one that has been on fin for almost 7 months now. I don't know what to think of it to be honest. I think any one that does thorough research on finasteride and dut is smart to be nothing more than CONFUSED. HT doctors, well respected dermatologists and experts in the hair restoration field don't even know entirely what they are talking about. Speaking as someone that has a masters in molecular bio, the mechanisms of finasteride are only understood in terms of it's effect on DHT... there are a million other variables that aren't accounted for. Therefor, you take it blindly. You hope and pray that the major culprit for YOUR personal hair loss is elevated levels of DHT AND that by taking fin and lowering these levels, you will sustain your hair or even get regrowth. It is entirely more complicated than this however.

Because half the time you don't realise you have lost the hair until it's visible. By that time your hairline could be gone and DUT/fin ain't bringing that back. So get a HT for a better hairline.

to answer your question,
    There are a lot of people that are scared of going on finasteride, let alone DUT. I am sure you have seen all the horror stories people tell about these drugs. Secondly, there is a pretty large demographic of people that fin and dut just does not work for. If people really believe that finasteride stops hairloss in 90% of people that take it, they must be crazy. If I had the balls to do it, I would spend 30k and get an enormous hair transplant by a well recognized doctor and just forget about all the drugs and have a decent, diffused-thin head of transplanted hair. These drugs are a f*cking nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    there is a pretty large demographic of people that fin and dut just does not work for.
    What if fin does work for me, but dut does not? The dutasteride drug I'm taking is genuine, I do notice of having high libido. While on fin, my libido is a lot lower. So at least the drug is doing something on my body.

I'm afraid if I go back to fin, my hair would be doomed. And taking two drugs together seem to be even worse.