+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Afghanwig View Post
    Scientists make these kinds of statements to attract money. I'm pretty sure we're more than 5 years away right now. 5 years would mean they'd have to start trials NOW. But we're probably even 5 years away from a pre clinical cure. So at the moment I think it would be a safe guess that we're at least 10 years away. Probably (way) more though.
    I feel like this too. No scientist will speak negatively of their findings or potential treatment. They want to attract funding so they can initiate research with the intention that something good comes out of it. Now Lauster is a very high elite researcher with his team and so are the likes of Christiano, Jahoda etc. I'm just generally very curious how far they are, most importantly how these cells would behave if implanted in vivo. I'm also pretty sure that in a world without boundaries they would crack this pretty fast just through trial & error. But we know that this isn't possible. Better biological models would help tremendously to speed their research.

Don't emphasize too much on what a researcher will predict when something is available. Ken Washenik who clearly in my opinion is a borderline troll already promised a treatment twice in 5 years. He is a chief medical director of Bosley. A hair transplant clinic mill with terrible results overall that has scarred many patients. That guy will put his hands everywhere where he can earn a dime. Let's also don't forget the interview with Cotsarelis last year. Desmond who is very kind optimistic person interviewed him and this were the answers of Cotsarelis;

1) Follica's phase 2 trial completed recently with promising results. But they have insufficient funds to continue with further trials. So at this point everything has been put on hold.
    3) I brought up the crowdfunding idea particularly with regards to Follica and he said the amount necessary is quite large. So I insisted on an actual amount and here's what he said: "US $2 million would bring out a product that would be more effective than Minoxidil and Propecia but would not give a bald person a full head of hair. US $20 million will provide the kind of funding necessary to give someone who is already bald a full head of hair but it will take more years to accomplish".
    Just lol. And well everyone knows about the constant "5 year timeline".

A treatment that shows good results will rapidly receive funding and launch to market. There is much money to be made now with the constantly increasing market of hair loss and hair restoration surgery. At least there seems to be an influx of interest because of this which is a good thing, at least I feel so recently.

Let's hope that we will receive good news soon that someone new is going to launch to pre-clinical or clinical trials with a promising treatment asap based on regenerative therapy. Besides that I cheer for Shisheido, hopefully they will pull of something great. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Swooping View Post
    I feel like this too. No scientist will speak negatively of their findings or potential treatment. They want to attract funding so they can initiate research with the intention that something good comes out of it. Now Lauster is a very high elite researcher with his team and so are the likes of Christiano, Jahoda etc. I'm just generally very curious how far they are, most importantly how these cells would behave if implanted in vivo. I'm also pretty sure that in a world without boundaries they would crack this pretty fast just through trial & error. But we know that this isn't possible. Better biological models would help tremendously to speed their research.

Don't emphasize too much on what a researcher will predict when something is available. Ken Washenik who clearly in my opinion is a borderline troll already promised a treatment twice in 5 years. He is a chief medical director of Bosley. A hair transplant clinic mill with terrible results overall that has scarred many patients. That guy will put his hands everywhere where he can earn a dime. Let's also don't forget the interview with Cotsarelis last year. Desmond who is very kind optimistic person interviewed him and this were the answers of Cotsarelis;

Just lol. And well everyone knows about the constant "5 year timeline".

A treatment that shows good results will rapidly receive funding and launch to market. There is much money to be made now with the constantly increasing market of hair loss and hair restoration surgery. At least there seems to be an influx of interest because of this which is a good thing, at least I feel so recently.

Let's hope that we will receive good news soon that someone new is going to launch to pre-clinical or clinical trials with a promising treatment asap based on regenerative therapy. Besides that I cheer for Shisheido, hopefully they will pull of something great. Time will tell.
    I had a read through the page linked to at the start of this thread, and it talks about Lindner's process not being viable because they can't get cells to replicate properly in high enough quantities to be worth doing. Which cells are these and has anything changed since then? I remember a thread or threads on here not that long ago talking about cell culturing problems being solved. It doesn't to me sound like there's THAT much left to figure out.

Quote Originally Posted by allTheGoodNamesAreTaken View Post
    I had a read through the page linked to at the start of this thread, and it talks about Lindner's process not being viable because they can't get cells to replicate properly in high enough quantities to be worth doing. Which cells are these and has anything changed since then? I remember a thread or threads on here not that long ago talking about cell culturing problems being solved. It doesn't to me sound like there's THAT much left to figure out.

the thing is, however little there is to figure out... many take decades. kind of like how scientists got closer to curing cancer and aids every single year with hype and new information.... don't expect a cure within 2 decades bro...

Quote Originally Posted by ShookOnes View Post
    the thing is, however little there is to figure out... many take decades. kind of like how scientists got closer to curing cancer and aids every single year with hype and new information.... don't expect a cure within 2 decades bro...
    Two decades based on what? There seems to be something new and impressive being reported every week on these boards.

From their website tissuse.com

"TissUse has also, at the same time, received an exclusive license for a promising cell therapy to combat hair loss, which was developed by the same department of the TU Berlin. “We are carrying out first clinical testing of this therapy with hair transplant centres worldwide,” said Marx."

According to Desmond there still needs to be solved a final issue with their method so How are they testing if they haven't solved it yet?

They might have now. Should we try and found it which clinic they are testing at?!

There was an interview article with dr Linder posted by hellouser, The interview was coordinated by a hair transplant clinic. We should contact that hair transplant clinic.

Quote Originally Posted by allTheGoodNamesAreTaken View Post
    Two decades based on what? There seems to be something new and impressive being reported every week on these boards.

And yet those scientists with those findings arnt all working collectively. New and impressive doesn't mean shit we've been finding new and impressive findings for a million incurable diseases.

I think lauster and co have more than likely improved on their development for hair. Bio-science advancements are being made at an unprecedented rate, especially now that stem cell research, 3d bio printing and gene therapy are really moving forward. I read the other day that scientist in japan created fully function kidneys and appendages (ie ureters, bladder) strictly from stem cells and implanted them in mice to see if they would perform as a normal kidney. After the stem cell made organs in mice did precisely that, the scientists carried out the same procedure on pigs using pig stem cells. The reproduced the same successful results with the pigs and intend to move into human trials.. Things are happening all over all the time. Stay positive brothers

Quote Originally Posted by Afghanwig View Post
    Scientists make these kinds of statements to attract money. I'm pretty sure we're more than 5 years away right now. 5 years would mean they'd have to start trials NOW. But we're probably even 5 years away from a pre clinical cure. So at the moment I think it would be a safe guess that we're at least 10 years away. Probably (way) more though.
    A full blown cure could come from an accidental finding at any time, you just never know. I would be very surprised to see it within five years though. We will almost certainly have much better treatments though in the next five years, and what is essentially a cure for people with mild hair loss. There are too many things in the pipeline, and we have learned too much not to have something that will dramatically improve treatment by 2020.