+ Reply to Thread

Default Whats left of my hair is going grey very quickly- cause?

Losing hair is bad enough at 26 but to have whats left go grey is even worse. I noticed a couple of grey hairs a couple of months ago so I started taking kelp(iodine), iron, copper, bcomplex, foti, vitc, paba and zinc to combat the grey hair. but since taking these supplements white hair has come on ten fold appearing basically overnight.

my parents don't have grey hair or at least very minimal so why is this happening? is what im taking making it worse? is there any cutting edge treatments?

yeah grey hairs everywhere in the last year when my hairloss kicked in full force, there is no really a solution yet, the sad part is the grey hairs are only on the side e not on the balding area, grey hairs are know to be very resistent to dht........

Not much you can do about it. I have a lot of greys on the side now and only had one or two a year ago. I can live with greys but losing my hair is more worrying. Even starting to get the odd one up top now as well. Doesn't really bother me. In fact it makes my hair line less noticeable as I had quite dark hair.

Quote Originally Posted by markrule View Post
    Losing hair is bad enough at 26 but to have whats left go grey is even worse. I noticed a couple of grey hairs a couple of months ago so I started taking kelp(iodine), iron, copper, bcomplex, foti, vitc, paba and zinc to combat the grey hair. but since taking these supplements white hair has come on ten fold appearing basically overnight.

my parents don't have grey hair or at least very minimal so why is this happening? is what im taking making it worse? is there any cutting edge treatments?
    Yup dealing with grey hair on top of the balding. But my grey hair is a genetic thing. Were your grandparents grey at a young age?
    There's an enzyme called catalase that your body uses to break down hydrogen peroxide as we age we produce less and less of the enzyme therefore the hydrogen peroxide bleaches your hair turning it white.
    And no you can't take catalase supplements to help there's no proof that any of those 'grey go away' products work

thanks for the replies.

nah grandparents held there colour for a long time which makes it stranger. i am beginning to think that i have given myself copper toxicity or have a deficiency from having the zinc and iron which are copper antagonists. copper is known to be a big component behind grey hair. but this might be a long shot.

thanks rashid. didn't think to see a dermatologist for hair - what can they do?

also heard of pseudocatalese but know nothing about this.