+ Reply to Thread

Default 'That' moment has come.

Okay so yesterday became the day I knew was coming - someone commented on my thinning.

Up until now no one has noticed, it's remained hidden through styling, but yesterday my boss at work mentioned how my crown was thinning (it wasn't well hidden that day and the light was overly harsh)

He wasn't horrible about it, just shocked, they all seem to think I'm a pretty good looking lad and joke about me being 'mr perfect.'
    I laughed it off and threw back 'ha, you're one to talk' (he recently shaved his head due to a near enough bald crown)
    He too then laughed and just replied with 'it's just nice to know you're human.' And walked off finding himself hilarious bless him.

Anyway, I still have a full head of hair (mostly) but I always told myself the second someone mentioned my hair would be the second I start fin, so come Monday I will be going for a micro dose of .25mg twice a week to ease into it, then maybe increase as it goes if needed.

Anybody else remember that first comment? The one that made it all real? I have to say I took it better than I thought, I've been prepared for it for a while now, I'm out of my initial depression everyone gets when they first notice thinning and fears the future. If anything I'm grateful, I've been so undecided this was the push I needed, the reality check that it won't go away by itself.

If anyone notices your hairloss, laugh it off and throw an insult back. Don't show it gets to you even if it does. It was hidden again today and hopefully now fin shall stop any further loss and maybe even restore my hair a bit.

It was my mum who made the first comment. I'm not sure if that was better or worse tbh haha. But anyway it's good to hear you're going on fin. It could really hold what you have if you give it chance. It will more than likely do some good work on that crown as well.

Good luck mate!

Quote Originally Posted by JayM View Post
    It was my mum who made the first comment. I'm not sure if that was better or worse tbh haha. But anyway it's good to hear you're going on fin. It could really hold what you have if you give it chance. It will more than likely do some good work on that crown as well.

Good luck mate!
    Haha! Well at least you know she'll always give you an honest motherly opinion!
    Thanks bud, hopefully it'll work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by JayM View Post

Good luck mate!
    Haha! Well at least you know she'll always give you an honest motherly opinion!
    Thanks bud, hopefully it'll work for me.